Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2015, 09:46 PM   #21

Some independent repair centers and dealers will sell on consignment. Flat fee and handle everything. From what I have seen anywhere from $500-$1200 flat fee. Advertising may be extra. Make a few calls.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

So sorry for your loss. We sold our old tt on craigslist. We still owed on it when we sold it. We were up front with the buyers about that. We arranged to do the money transfer at their bank. Their bank wired the money to our lender to pay off the trailer and then a cashier's check was given to us for the rest of the amount. The buyer took possession of the tt that day. When the title came in from our lender, we then met up with the seller again to transfer the title. We had the the clean title stipulation in the selling contract we all signed. It ended up working out really well for us. We g it about $3000 more than any dealership was willing to give us on trade. On a 3 yr old unit, we were able to get $3000 less than we paid so I think it worked well. According to our accountant, here in NC, we did not have to pay tax on it, the buyer was responsible for that.

By the way, you can list it here on the forums if it us a FR product.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #23

Asquared, well done. This lets people know that selling/buying via private party really is not difficult. Do the hoops before hand, so you know the process and it should go smoothly.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #24

I've used Craigslist to buy and sell many times. When selling I only use email so I can vet their response prior to giving them my contact information. If they seem fishy I don't respond. Also, I only accept cash payment, or, a cashier's check that they get from their bank while I'm present.
spudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #25

I am so sorry for your loss.

This is actually fairly simple. Find a buyer and be totally upfront about the entire situation. The buyer works with his/her bank and that bank works with your bank/loan company. The buyers bank sends a EFT (electronic funds transfer) to your bank for the selling price and then your bank takes the difference in payoff from you to satisfy the loan and the sale to the new owner.

I have done this before with cars and such and it really is fairly simple to do.

I sincerely hope this helps you out!
Gil
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote