Old 03-03-2016, 02:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoddy View Post
We have narrowed it to the following layouts. Also any other brands to look at would be appreciated.

Coachman leprechaun 240fs
Forester 2401W mobs
Sunseeker 2400W
Dynamax Corp Isata 3 Series 24FW
Except for the Coachman the other units are basically the same except for trim and colors. All three are the same "W" floor plan based on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter (MBS). This is classic "brand engineering" like GM does with car bodies. Think of the Sunseeker as a Chevy, the Forester as a Buick, and the Isata as a Cadillac. Underneath they are all the same...you are paying for mostly "bling" as you move up the product line. The exception is the Isata 3 comes with a larger LP tank than the other "W" variants...and lots of "bling"!

If you want to look at a gas versions of the "W" floor plan, the Sunseeker GTS 2430, or Forester GTS 2431S, is basically the same "W" floor plan as the MBS versions on a Ford E450 chassis. The floor plan is slightly different, it has a step up for the bedroom, and some of the cabinetry is different compared to the MBS. The Leprechaun 240FS on the Ford E450 you listed is very similar but the slide out is different than the other "W" floor plans. I like that closet in the back on the FS.

So you are basically looking at the same coach in different flavors. For the good, the bad, and the ugly info on the MBS "W" versions come on over to the Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis forum and you can read about the MBS versions.

The Ford E450 GTS versions are so new, and few, they may be harder to find model specific info on... But at the end of the day a "W" is a "W", is a "W". What applies to one pretty much will apply to all the others... The same with the Ford E450 chassis...

Hope this helps...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #12

Learned some more today.
Thanks

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #13
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Don't know for sure but I don't think you can get a diesel in a class c motorhome.
All Super C motorhomes are diesels also.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #14

Thanks for all of the replies to date, very informative

Regards
Wayne
Old 03-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #15

Cool 30WFKSS (front kitchen) has no pantry space

New to the forum and this will be our 1st TT purchase... I really have some concerns about space as D_B Travelers pointed out. We picked out a Flagstaff 30WFKSS (front kitchen) at the Austin RV show and our dealer had one on order. So I have no real commitment yet to purchase. We'll look at it when it gets here. BUT there is no real Pantry in the front kitchen like some other V-lite models and no significant outside storage besides 1/2 the area under the bed.

My question is does anyone have the front kitchen Flagstaff V-lite and how does it work with storing things?
Old 03-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMinten View Post
My question is does anyone have the front kitchen Flagstaff V-lite and how does it work with storing things?
Welcome to the forum. I suspect you will get more answers to your question if you re-post it in the Flagstaff forum located Here. This forum is the General Motorhome section and you probably won't get a lot of responses to a specific Flagstaff model question here. Enjoy your Flagstaff!

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #17

My only suggestion whatever you pick is buy used. All the initial problems have been taken care of during the first annoying year. Our current coach was 2 years old and the best one ever. 32' Coachmen Mirada. Get about 8 mpg gas
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #18
Dahagen

If buying used, be carefull. I traded in a class C with major problems for my new Mirada 32 footer. I feel sorry for the people who bought my old one, but I did mention the problems to the dealer. A new one at least has a warranty. On old 'lemon' may not have any warranty from a dealer.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #19

For good prices to start negotiations look up RVWholesalers for forester price quote and RVDirect for sunseeker. Takes just a few minutes and you have a good start and will almost certainly be well under your local dealers.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:04 AM   #20

I had a great experience with RV Direct & saved 38% off the retail price. My local dealers were inflexble- even with cash.