Old 12-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #11
Outlets not working

I would start at the breaker. You do know on some breakers you have to turn them off with a hard push then they will reset. If no outlets on that circuit are working I would pull the cover off the breaker panel and check the voltage coming out of the breaker. If voltage present at breaker and wire is inplace and tight go to where you think the first plug on that circuit is and pull the plug and check the wiring going into it. You may have to check several plugs to find problem. I have seen wiring get cut by slide out on Sierra Fifth Wheel I had. Also found a GFI plug under the edge of the bed tripped on friends Montana that he didn't know was there.

Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #12
Thanks everyone for your help. After spending a couple hours trying to figure it out I've given up and will bring to the shop tomorrow.

I have six breakers (15 GFCI; 15 REC; 15 amp H/W; 15 amp Microwave; 20 amp A/C; 30 amp main). All appear to work as the GFCI outlets work, and so do the separate outlets on the 15amp REC circuit work (bedroom TV, rear outlets, and converter.). The microwave works and so does the hot water heater (on electric) and the A/C works.

I flipped the breakers on and off a ton of times and I even opened every outlet and junction box I could find and wiggled the wires and checked for good connections.

Must be something I'm missing, and only the dealer knows what it is. I will ask for copies of the wire diagrams for sure.

Will keep you posted.

coralreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:13 AM   #13
Site Team
Don't hold your breath waiting for wiring diagrams. I've read posts here that say those things don't exist!
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 74 (booked = 11)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #14
If these outlets are on the inverter check the breaker on the inverter. My inverter is under the floor below the kitchen sink. You may be able to reach it from a drawer beside the sink if not you have to remove the floor uunder the sink. I have ad the same problem several times.
Don 265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #15
Ok got my coach back from the dealer today and they were able to figure it out.

It was the outlet behind the fridge that the fridge plugs into. Power was working to the outlet, but the wires leaving we're corroded and had a bad connection, thus no power left the outlet to get to the four downstream up front in the coach.

That was the one outlet that I was never able to get to, and not having a wire diagram I had no idea to look there. No matter anyway, don't think I woulda pulled the fridge myself anyway.

All is working again!!

coralreefer is offline   Reply With Quote

sunseeker, electrical