Old 12-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
Non GFCI outlets won't work on Sunseeker 2690

So, I plugged a shop vac into the outlet under the dinette and when I turned it on the shop vac shut off right away and now I have no power to an AC outlets in the front of the RV. These are separate from the bathroom/kitchen circuits that are on the GFCI outlet by the bathroom sink. The breakers under the bed are all on (not tripped).

What can be wrong? Can't find a second GFCI outlet that could be tripped.

coralreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
At least 4 outlets downstream of your lav GFCI are wired into your lav GFCI. Resetting the lav one will turn them all on.

MC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
No power

Agree with MC9 had the same issue looked for about 30 minuets, reset the GFCI in bathroom and power was restored. Have a happy new year.
campr-pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
By resetting the Lav outlet, I presume you mean the test button on the outlet itself? I tried that, and the lab outlet works fine, so do the ones I assume are downstream of the Lav, as the outlet above the Kitchen works and so does the outside outlet, as they are on the same circuit as the Lav GFCI.

The outlets not working are all in the front of the coach, not downstream of the Lav. I have two breaker switch he's in the electric panel, one says "15 GFCI" outlets, and the other says "15 REC", both are on, but none of the non-GFCI outlets are working.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
If you haven't done this yet, push breaker off and than on. Sometimes they appear to, not be tripped, but actually are.
Flagstaff 8528 ckss fiver
2008 Ford f350 dually 4x4 desiel
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
My fiver has two gfcis one at the bathroom lav that controls every plug toward the front of the unit. The other is under the top kitchen cabinets controls every plug in the rest of the unit. Breakers that control them are marked from the factory the same as his? must be a universal system.....

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:39 AM   #7
I have tried flipping the breaker on and off a few times, and nothing.

The best I can tell is that I have only one GFCI outlet, so if there is a second one that is hidden, let me know where to look.

Could a breaker or an outlet go bad?
Old 12-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
I thought I had responded yesterday but can't find my post. Get a non-contact voltage tester from Wally World or a big box store and start at your breaker and work to towards your receptacle. It will tell you if it has power and where you don't. The receptacles may be back stabbed and if they are they sometimes loose contact. I always like to wire under the screw. Good luck and keep us posted.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #9
Check in the cabinet were your microwave is plugged in. Or near the kitchen sink somewhere.
Dubeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
If your sure the outlet you plugged into has no power then I would take it apart and inspect. Sometimes a jolt will loosen a wire and thus lose power. I'm not saying your shop-vac caused this but I would also inspect it. Have you verified this is the only receptacle not working? How many are not working (validate all). Most
RV 15amp systems are divided into two section (Forward and Rear). Both sections must/should have a GFCI first off the breaker panel with 3-5 receptacles after that. Good luck and be careful.

Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote

sunseeker, electrical