Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #1

OBD II - DashCommand

We have a 2014 GeorgeTown 351DS which sits on the Ford F53 chassis. Due to the lack of information Ford gives us on the console about our MPGs, temps, etc., I've been looking at the various OBD II scan tools out there.

Does anyone have any experience with the product DashCommand with an RV? DashCommand runs on Windows, iOS, Android. I'm specifically looking at it for iOS so I can connect it to my iPad or iPhone for real-time engine information.

It looks like a fantastic product, the reviews are great, but I can't quite tell if it supports the F53. I have sent an email to their support team and will post their response when I get one.

I am considering a ScanGuage, but I do like the pretty graphs with the iOS apps. Any experience with these apps?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 07-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #2

I am pretty happy with my scan guage II. It is permanently mounted in my E450. It is simply to use and not a distraction while driving. I usually use the MPG readout to set my driving speed. It can also read and reset error codes.
lowreyfarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
Camper Less Camping

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404708442.467106.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	57401Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404708453.340242.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	57402

I use the Torque Pro App paired via Bluetooth with an ELM dongle for my diesel TV...works great on my android phone, just a thought to look into if it'll work with your rig

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear

Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #4

I have Dash Command for my truck. The only real issue is that there are not sensors for all the things I would like to monitor so it is displayed as a calculation. Things like EGT, Turbo Boost and others. You can install sensors and uses a different sending unit to connect the sensors and sent the information to the program.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #5

X2 on the Scan Gauge 2. I have mine permanently mounted on my 14 GT351 and it gives you anything you could possibly want to know
ttincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #6

Dashboss is for ios.
Check out the site at Dashboss.com. I use it in my silverado when towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2008 Silverado EXtCab 6.0 Vortex Max
2010 Forest River Surveyor SV-294
Equalizer 1000 WD/SC hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller
nowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #7

I like the idea of using one of these but I would need a pass-thru since I use state farms in drive program...(a device monitors the vehicle via the port for insurance savings)

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #8

ScanGauge II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowreyfarris View Post
I am pretty happy with my scan guage II. It is permanently mounted in my E450. It is simply to use and not a distraction while driving. I usually use the MPG readout to set my driving speed. It can also read and reset error codes.
I also have a ScanGauge II on my E450. I got it primarily to display transmission temperature. I entered the codes given by the manufacturer but I can't get it to display transmission temperature or any other "extra" readings that they advertise as being available.

Do any of you get transmission temperature on your E450? If so, what codes did you enter?
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote