Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
oreddie

Pantry Lighting

I am so pleased with the lighting in my formerly dark food pantry that I wanted to share info on the product.

I have a 2017 Forester 2401WS MBS on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. The pantry is about 7 inches wide, 2 feet deep, 4 feet tall and unlighted. Searching it always required a flashlight.

I purchased a pair of SamSung LED Chip lights , $11 for two) and installed them under two of the six shelves. They mount with a magnetic strip using 3M sticky tape, are USB rechargable and only turn on when motion is sensed.

With just two the cabinet is well illuminated. I can easily remove one and use it elsewhere as a flashlight as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #2

Saved to my wish list
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #3

I did the same with my pantry last year. I used 3 led strip lights under 3 shelves. Powered by 120 volts with motion sensor control. We are seasonal permanent. Best mod yet.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #4

Bought a 6 pack of led lights on Amazon........install with the magnetic strip and uses 4 triple A batteries.......put them in my pantry.....which is a lot taller and wider then yours......open the door and the motion lights come on and then go off after 15 seconds.....the whole pack of lights were 25 bucks.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #5
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREddie View Post
I purchased a pair of SamSung LED Chip lights , $11 for two) and installed them under two of the six shelves. They mount with a magnetic strip using 3M sticky tape, are USB rechargable and only turn on when motion is sensed.
Okay, so when you need to charge them, do you need to remove them so the cord can be near a plug? Or is the charging cord extra long? That would be the issue for me.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light