Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #11
Question about motor home travel with person with diabilities?

I know this is a older post and hopefully you have found a rig that will work. Going to RV shows is a good way to see different units but it's so hard to get around. I bought a MH because I couldn't lift the hitch or hook or unhook. The MH is very easy to use and the only thing I would be concerned with is getting in and out. The door way is narrow and hard to help someone. We also wanted a class A diesel so it lowers when the air is released from the suspension. That makes it a little easer. Navy thanks for your service X marine myself. I also am fused from c3 to T1 and that's bad enough. I won't let them touch me again. Every surgery left me more of a mess than I was. Good luck and I hope you are seeing this great country that you helped defend

Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:26 AM   #12
Thanks Phil and I also greatly appreciate your service. Well winter finally over in Pittsburgh so getting excited, hopefully warmer weather brings out house hunters. We are itching to get on the road, ao much so heading to campground close by very soon

USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #13
I'm an incomplete paraplegic and can get around with a couple canes. After my accident 4 years ago we first bought a class A which worked great because I could lay down in the back whenever I got sore from driving when we would either stop and have lunch or the DW would drive for a while. Nice thing was we didn't have to put any slides out in order for me to lay on the bed. We have since sold that and have ordered our Columbus 365 with a rear bike rack so I can haul my little ( 83 lbs) scooter.
Hopefully you can make things work out and enjoy camping

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually
2015 Columbus 365 RL ( completed April 14,2014 )
Baxter and Bella [our dogs]
Days camped in 2014: 7
hihocarp is offline   Reply With Quote