Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2020, 03:00 PM   #1

Replacement Camera Monitor and Stereo

Ahh its the season, Winter, to dream of the coming 2020 camping season and what does your rig need for the coming season.

One item I've been casually looking around for with out luck is to replace the Jensen dual DIN in dash rear and side camera monitor and AM/FM, CD stereo.

Does anyone have any suggestions of websites or models to look for. Sorry don't have the model number or more specifics on the standard Jensen that's in my rig now but I would like to upgrade from Jensen.

Thanks as always!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:07 PM   #2

I can't help you with the radio. Not sure how they make them work with only a video input for rear and side views. I think Kenwood may be the way to go.

I just designed a complete new center console because the one they put in the Georgetown is useless.

So new for me this year is......
New console
Pioneer double din radio with apple car play. Forward facing camera And 2 more speakers.
TST TPMS system built into the console
New LED awning lights
And a Hughes Auto Form, Bluetooth watch dog surge protector

Here is a link to my thread. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ck-196390.html

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #3

Very cool DodgeGuy, you must be a very talented craftsman, reminds of the type of project my recently deceased brother would of loved to tackle. He was the one that bailed me out with the well known Georgetown un-secured hot water tanks waiting to burst through the side panel. Couple years back I posted the pics of how he braced and secured the tank for me.

I'll be lucky if the most I do is replace the monitor/stereo with a better stereo head unit and then get a stand alone monitor to mount on top of the dash for the 3 cameras.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, replacement, stereo