Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
marialee-Berkshire410qs

Angry RV Repair Dept to Avoid

Went to McMahon RV dealer in Palm Desert to have some warranty work done. Mr. Service manager from the moment I walked in did not want to help me. Arrived on a Wed. morning. He told me he couldn't help me he was too busy? After pushing the subject he agreed to see me the next Monday and to bring photos of what needed to be done. Arrived the following Monday. He then stated he couldn't help me, he had been shut down. No place to put RV's that needed work done on them. Gave me a mobile service to call. Said I would have to pay for repairs and take it up with Forrest River myself. I told him I wasn't paying for anything it was under warranty. He was not nice about it, but he did give me a Forrest River warranty number. That was the best thing he did for me!!! The guy is a pompous jerk. Drove by there two days later and it looks that they resolved their back log of service repairs just fine!!! So you figure it out.
If you have to go there I do hope he treats you better than he did me...
marialee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #2

Thanks for posting your experience. Don't forget to post how things worked out for you. It may save someone else a headache.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
camping

I went on their website and they have a link to email a customer service rep. named Dan Watson. send him an email and post his reply. when I had problems I let the owner of the dealership know, I heard through a tech that someone got a good butt chewing. its good to let us know about this.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Thanks for posting your experience. Don't forget to post how things worked out for you. It may save someone else a headache.
I agree! and it save more time to work on.
werntonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
marialee-Berkshire410qs

Forrest River sent us to J&L RV Repair in Fontana, Ca. Great place to do business. When we arrived, the owner Joe Lozoya greeted us and wrote down the items that needed attention. We told Joe that we were going to wait for our MH. They got right on it. We waited for 4 hours and we were ready to go. I thought that wasn't too bad(Should of taken the tow car, they are not close to any shopping or restaurants. They did offer to lend us a car) J&L had to order parts for the shade and water heater. We will go back to get that work done. I am glad we traveled the 75 miles or so to get the repairs done by people who are happy to do the work. www.jandlrvrepair.com is their web site.
marialee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Now a "Top Member"

And it appears that they are a Forest River dealer as well. This should be noted with Forest River also. Even if you didn't buy it there, there's no reason to be treated like that. He could have just as easily said he couldn't help you right now, and offered another dealer that might. Bad customer service will always come back and bite you eventually.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #7

McMahon RV dealer in Palm Desert

Went there Jan. 11 ... kicking tires, looking around at what they had on the floor.
Sales ... seems to .... wanna' push / sell the used rigs.
Sales ... seems to .... wanna' sell the big DPs.
Sales ... seems to .... wanna' just walk you around. ( Sales guys, only work there part time, some don't even live in the area. Couple of them live in Montana...and work the sales as part time jobs. ) In this economy .. I really don't blame them for chasin' a buck.
Walked their lot (alone) and took a peek around the back at the service areas .. What a cluster ! .. what a time management nightmare.
I got out of there, never looked back.
Mac

08 340 TS Georgetown SE
07 GL18007
www.centexpgr.org
mac wing is offline   Reply With Quote