Old 12-07-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
RVibrake system

Hello. I have a 2015 Leprechaun 319DS Class C and I will be towing a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I am thinking about getting this {RVibrake} system for the towing. Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.Thks in advance.

hardoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:56 AM   #2
We have the RVI system. Tow a Subaru Crosstrek behind our Lexi. I have had it about a year and 6000 miles on it now.
Although I have nothing to compare it too as it's the first brake system I've had, it is trouble free, and once the initial set up is done, takes less than a minute to hook up and 30 seconds or less to un-hook.
I did a lot of reading of posts on 3 web sites, and compared all the available "removable" systems, and choose the RVI. It seems to be the most compact, reliable system, and the few questions I had were answered quickly by the RVI people.
Also bought the RVI Towed Battery Charger and the RVI direct power plug. Whole set up, including the break-a-way took me about an hour to hook up, and most of that time was spent routing the wireing the way I wanted.
Nice system, a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Thanks! for the input, Grumpy0374 on my thread. When I bought my 2001 Jeep Wrangler{My Peach] the man gave me a Commander Tow Bar setup which I am going try out.I have decided to try the RVi setup and see how if it works for me. After reading your post I can't see why it won't work.
hardoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
7 Year Class A RV'er
Just a suggestion, but I have the Invisibrake on my '14 Wrangler. Permanent install, under the front seat. Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
RVibrake system

I have an RVi2 for my Outback. Works well. 2.5 years old. Currently having problems with the RVi TPMS system. Not sure I would pay the extra $$ for them again. Power for RVi2 from a direct fused connection to battery.
Easy to install, store and live with. Put receiver in power port, drop box on floor, connect to brake pedal,connect antenna and drape over mirror, connect the brake-a-way, press the green button 3 times, DONE.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:32 AM   #6
A word of advice. Be sure not to press the brake petal after connecting the system. Check the brake lights on your tow vehicle and make sure they are not lit before towing your vehicle. For some unknown reason this happened to us and we burned up our brakes on the car.

chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote