Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #1

Slide out air leaks

Just curious. I have a 2018 Class C Forester 3011. I noticed yesterday that quite a bit of cold air leaks out from under the large slide out. Even a little from the bedroom slide. All rubber gaskets are in place. It's hot down here. When you get the inside fairly cool and go outside, you can really feel the air coming out. I certain I'll come up with a solution as I'm an avid "do-it-yourself-er". Just want to know if anyone else has noticed this. With the Texas heat, I need to keep as much of the cold air in as possible....

Thanks in advance...
1FastSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
Sunseeker 2400MBW

We have a 2016 Sunseeker with a wide slide. You can see day light from inside at the bottom left of the slide with it open or closed. All the rubber slide parts look intact. My husband and I are pretty handy but don’t know how to fix this without interfering with the slide mechanism itself.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #3

I think this is common. On my bedroom slide, I stick foam rubber in there to cover the opening. They must be removed before closing the slide.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSS View Post
Just curious. I have a 2018 Class C Forester 3011. I noticed yesterday that quite a bit of cold air leaks out from under the large slide out. Even a little from the bedroom slide. All rubber gaskets are in place. It's hot down here. When you get the inside fairly cool and go outside, you can really feel the air coming out. I certain I'll come up with a solution as I'm an avid "do-it-yourself-er". Just want to know if anyone else has noticed this. With the Texas heat, I need to keep as much of the cold air in as possible....

Thanks in advance...

Yes I agree it's pretty common to have some air leakage especially along the bottom of the slide. I put styrofoam pipe wrap tubes in the area between the bottom of the slide and the edge of the opening. 3 pieces on the bedroom slide. One long in the middle and 2 short on the outside. I also tape a small piece by the slide switch to remind me I need to take it out before I close it. It's a senior thing[emoji849].

Also make sure your rubber slide seals are flexed out completely.
Edrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrps View Post
Yes I agree it's pretty common to have some air leakage especially along the bottom of the slide. I put styrofoam pipe wrap tubes in the area between the bottom of the slide and the edge of the opening. 3 pieces on the bedroom slide. One long in the middle and 2 short on the outside. I also tape a small piece by the slide switch to remind me I need to take it out before I close it. It's a senior thing[emoji849].

Also make sure your rubber slide seals are flexed out completely.

Can you show pictures of your seals ? I have the same problem ! Big gapping holes around the drive chain .
2006 Forrester 31' thank you
Detroitdeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, slide out