Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Senior Junior Member

Sofa discovery

Many of you may know this, but I was never told and found out by accident. The jackknife sofa bed is only 4'-11" between armrests and only suitable for children, but the armrests are removable. Lift them straight up and they come right off and turn into a 5'-9" bed. I mention this for those like me that never knew. We have a MBS 2400R, but the same sofa may be used in other units and that is why I posted it here.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #2

Yes, and be sure to remove arms before making the bed as the frame may tear the arm material while folding out the couch.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Junior Member

This is true. I guess that is how I found out they come off. There was a lot of friction between the bed/seat and it lifted the armrests a little so I noticed they come off. We feel we can do w/o them so we will try leaving them home. It also may make it easier to slip around the table when it is in place as well as making it easier to access the storage underneath.

Tags
cover