Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #1

Suspension additions

No response when listed under "Sunseeker" so I'll toss this to the general group.

Sunseeker 2860, Ford F450 chassis, '06 chassis

Has anyone upgraded the factory sway bars and or added a TracBar (AKA Panhardrod/bar ?

Been investigating a SuperSteer TracBar and or RSS replacement rear sway bar.

Objective: less body roll and less impact from crosswinds and being "pushed" laterally when passed by 18 wheelers.

Thanks,
Harve
Harve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Commercial Member

You may want to look at Roadmaster active suspension also........worked wonders for my 1/2 ton Pick up when I had it.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #3

I had a Class C Forester (2006) I added Timbren air bags on the rear for about $150. They take about an hour to install. They are matched to the individual motrohome and replace the rubber bump stops on the frame over the axle. They don't affect the ride and greatly improved the handling of the coach while driving on the interstate with big trucks. They don't have air in them so you don't need to worry about a compressor or air leaks. Alos a lot cheaper then replacing other suspension parts.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 PM   #4

Update - Best choices seemed to have Camping World do the work(parts and labor). Local CW store had sway bar in stock and was able to get trackbar (panhard rod) from their warehouse. Swaybar went in fine, but trackbar, even specific to my chassis did not fit - 2 issues, did not clear fuel tank behind differential, potentially anchor clamp to driver side frame rail had too many cables, tubes, pipes to readily install.

So the bad news is, no trackbar
The good news is that since I was having CW do it, and it was in their catalog, I'm not stuck with part I can't use, and there also was a 20% Good Sam club discount on labor to install the swaybar.

Short trip home - swaybar seems to be doing it's thing - will have to try a longer fully loaded trip to be sure, but initial indications are good.

Harvey
Harve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I added Firestone Air Spring Bags to my 2007 Georgetown 370. It really made a difference, especially that push away-suck back feeling from 18 wheelers going by. It also enables you to balance the load from side to side so it doesn't feel like your curbside is lower than the roadside of the coach. I purchased them on line, did the install in a couple hours.

http://www.truckspring.com/firestone_254.html

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to sangee
I had Roadmaster rear sway bar installed on my 29 C Forrester at Campers World for about $550 +/- and it removed about 70% of the sway from semis blasting by. It was like night a day when driving the same speed as before at about 64 mph. It was a greta investment as the MH would react radically beforehand. I am thinking about getting the roadmaster front sway to complete the set. Highly recommend this for highway sway.
sangee is offline   Reply With Quote