Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2019, 05:48 PM   #1

TAILPIPE PN: 0E0683 3600 Guardian RV (by Generac) generator.

I borrowed a 2008 Air Stream BT Cruiser GX2 with a 3600 Guardian RV (by Generac) generator. Recently the tail pipe came off and is lost somewhere roadside.I was able to find it but it was run over.

I've been searching around but the part is discontinued by Generac, no longer sold online anywhere, and is not in stock with any Generac service centers.

Has anyone ever had to replace this tail pipe? Are there alternatives from other brands that might fit?

Here's a link to the part:
https://www.amazon.com/generac-0e068.../dp/b0042f426w

Thanks for any help.
Doug
D_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:00 AM   #2

have you considered taking the damaged one and as picture of a new one to a muffler shop to see if they can fabricate a new one? it sure doesn't look complicated. i'll bet they could even install it.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:11 PM   #3

Thanks CHICKDOE. I followed your suggestion and checked a couple muffler shops but they don't deal with anything smaller than 1 1/2". I ordered something I thought would work but it was 1 1/4" ID, this needs 1 1/4" OD.
D_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:55 AM   #4

i'm just guessing but this seems so simple yet unobtainable! from the picture you posted there is a slot in one end. my guess is that that end fits into or over another section of tubing and is held in place by a clamp. i don't see any welding involved. could you put that slot into the 1 1/4 tubing you bought and then squeeze it a bit or expand it a bit to fit the mating piece. perhaps an electrician would have tubing bender for 1 1/4 inch conduit. it's doable, just i don't have to do it. best of luck!

Tags
generator