Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
We take ours to a coin-operated RV wash at a local RV park. It usually takes about $4-$5 in quarters. It's like the truck washes you see around. They have an elevated platform on each side so you can go up the steps and wash the roof. It has a spray wax setting and also the foam soap brushes. I start by cleaning off the black streaks with some stuff called Amazing. We take it there twice a year. Also, once a year, I wax my decals with NuFinish.

Terry and Joan and our empty nest
2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3liter 3.73
"The Cottage" (2010 Surveyor Sport 189)
doctort44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
I use Mother's Spray Wax on the Diamond Shield when we arrive at our destination, bugs come off pretty easy. I wipe the Diamond shield down with wet rag a couple of times to get road dirt off then spray wax. Most RV parks don't permit you to wash your RV at the site, never had a problem with with my wet wipe and spray.

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
For fast clean ups $ store spray pleage is good spray on wipe off the dirt and dust and shine it all in 1 shot lol about 1/3 can per end and 1/2 per side about 1 hour done...cost a $1.25 0r so per can and no waste Bushman
Bushman512003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #14
Just a word of caution if you are considering using Fast Wax Spray. I just looked up the product and it says "NOT" for use on porous surfaces. In addition it is a petroleum based product. I was told not to use ANY petroleum based products on the decals. From experience in the Arizona sun I want to protect/maintain my decals, and the only product I've found to protect them is 303 Protectant. As for the rest of the RV have at it.

2016 Rockwood 2304KS Mini Lite
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
Equalizer Anti Sway Hitch
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote