Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #21

Tireman9. The wire mesh stems that came with my 2015 GT were about 4-5 inches long with rubber core. After all of this, I looked at similar ones online and noticed all the others came with retaining clips designed to keep them from flopping around. Mine didn't have those. Apparently that allowed them to flop around violently chafing them enough to start a small leak.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Tireman9. The wire mesh stems that came with my 2015 GT were about 4-5 inches long with rubber core. After all of this, I looked at similar ones online and noticed all the others came with retaining clips designed to keep them from flopping around. Mine didn't have those. Apparently that allowed them to flop around violently chafing them enough to start a small leak.
As I understand by reviews, valve extensions connected to rubber tire valve stems can cause a problem. They require rigidity. There have also been reports that some retaining clip are not substantial enough to retain as they should.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #23
Chief tinkerer

After reading all of the posts in this and other forums, we are going to forgo the extensions on our 3010 Sunseeker and use the truck style gauge and chuck. Also, purchased an 8 sensor set of TST 507 internal sensors for truck and tow dolly. We went with the type that attaches to the drop center of the wheel on bands. Hope to have installed in a couple of weeks and then forget for 5-6 years.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire