Old 07-06-2016, 02:38 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpPI View Post
Could you explain .... I am not sure what this is?
Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea

Whichever size fits your camper (30 amp or 50 amp), but the 50 amp will take care of both. The 30 amp will only do 30 amp.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #32

Progressive Industries EMS system is the power/electrical surge protector. Many campgrounds have poor electrical suppliers and you risk frying your expensive electrical systems on your RV without using one.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #33

Get an RV GPS. It will help you avoid downtown main-street, small neighborhood roads, and other possibly precarious situations. You can use them in car and RV mode.
61 nights in 2016
14 nights so far in 2017
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #34

To different water hoses - keep them separate. One for drinking water and one to use with your black flush. Also, disposable gloves to wear when dumping and spray soap to wash hands, hand sanitizer wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer to use after you are done dumping. A plastic bin to hold the clean items above and another to hold your dirty items.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:17 PM   #35

Plenty of this.

Plenty of toilet paper, the amount depends on how many females are with you. A good flash light and clamp on light.

Who Dat
Old 07-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekrus View Post
All good suggestions above, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned spare fuses. We carry a fuse assortment and a few replacement bulbs for indoor lights. The fuses have come in very handy; we replenish the supply after every trip.
fuses are a good idea, nothing over 30 is necessary because if you happen to blow a larger size, you have problems that need to be investigated prior to replacement.

as far as replacement bulbs go. yes if you have an old school RV but most of the new ones have LED lighting which requires replacing the entire light.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:27 AM   #37

Add roof vent covers too.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #38

Anderson Leveler & Jump Starter/Compressor

I use an Anderson leveler for small leveling jobs. It also lifts one tire off the ground if you need to change a tire.

I bought a Jump Starter/Compressor at Costco for about $80. It will pump up a tire without being plugged in, and it jumps much faster than cables.

Keep reading this forum, and you'll find enough modifications to keep you busy for months. I've had mine for 18 months, and I'm still working on it.

I upgraded my tires to a heavier load range and higher speed rating. 65 mph rated trailer tires just don't cut it. The trailer manufacturers put on tires that barely handle the load empty. When you load your trailer with all the gear you want for your trip, you will probably be over the tire rating. I found tires that are rated for 81 mph at etrailer and put them on all of my trailers. Before that, I averaged two blowouts a year, sometimes on the same trip. I carry two spares.

I highly recommend the GEO method for sewage treatment. TST from Walmart is also effective for odor control.

Look into adding solar panels if you boondock. Even if you don't boondock, a small 15 or 20 watt panel will keep your batteries charged up all of the time without plugging the trailer in.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #39

A bank loan.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #40

Voltage and Wiring Check

I use a kill-a-watt monitor and a cheap testing plug from home depot to check power. I haven't splurged for the fancy surge protector yet, because I prefer to boondock, but sometimes we stay somewhere with utilities, and we need the AC.