Originally Posted by teamjendy
My wife and I are first time RVers, taking delivery of a new FR3 next week.
I've been looking for a list of items that I will need to outfit the RV with. Every list google comes up with tends to be things like home furnishings, food supplies, first aid, etc. Although those are great reminders, we can fill our RV with things we use at home no problem.
I'm looking for a comprehensive list of technical or items that really make RVing a bit easier .. things that a first time RVer wouldn't know anything about.
I go to camping world's website and I see a bunch of things that I've never thought about (pressure regulators, surge protectors, battery upgrades, solar systems, etc.
With money not being an object, what items do you wish you had when you went on your first trip?
1. A higher pressure water regulator instead of the standard that comes with the camper.
2. A sewer hose that has sealed caps on both ends so there is no need to use the water hose rinsing at the dump station. Just cap it as you disconnect it and go.
4. A cordless drill for those who have manual jacks.
5. A 35 gallon portable tote for when the grey fills early.
6. A couple extra 25 foot white hoses.
7. A 50amp to 30 convertor if your not 50 already.
8. External lighting such as rope lights or a battery powered coleman else bugs will be on the camper.
9. A step for the ground if the lowest step happens to be to high.
10. A rinsable mat. I fold our 10 x 12 and hook a bungee around it for storage.
This is about all the odities i can think of.