Old 07-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
That might be the most polite smack down I have seen in a while. lol

And rightfully distributed.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #12
I don't know if the OP is still watching with all that self-righteousness in his eyes, but as a serious answer--wife and I did the RV rental thing last year, and we rented from El Monte RV--they're a national "chain" company that uses local car rental offices as bases for their RV fleet, and they usually have several different types and price ranges available at each location. It's a good way to see if you like RV-ing without making the huge financial leap of buying one. It's primarily what lead to us buying the TT. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, Bayrat.

2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)25
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #13

I went through looking at Class A, B, C fifth wheels etc. but like Goldie Locks found the one that is just right. I decided to buy a new unit (hardside popup)which I will be picking up in a few weeks. I decided to buy new because unfortunately I am not the McGiver type like so many guys on this forum are and quite inept at fixing and repairing things. Buying new will also give me some small amount of piece of mind. Hopefully the problems I have will be small and few. As far as I can tell, RV's depreciate faster than a car although there are probably some exceptions. You might be able to find a good deal on a used one and if you're not real familiar with RV's (like me), take it to a dealer or a buddy who is experienced with these things and let them look it over. Another bit of advice is that you go smaller rather than bigger unless bigger is just your thing. A side by side refrigerator and a center island are nice but unless you are living in it fulltime, maybe these are the type of extravagances you can live without. Mind you, I'm not knocking anyone who has these things but I think people tend to over buy when it comes to RV's. It is definitely a case of buyer beware when buying an RV especially a used one. At any rate, good hunting on your RV buying journey. I hope this helps you out in some small way.

Maranatha is offline   Reply With Quote