First off I drive a 32 foot C and not an A but I'll ignore the diesel vs gas conversation but for the record I prefer the front engine diesels.
Things I like in my current rig that weren't on my last rig:
- The external wash out for the black tank
- built in water filter
- A hole in my counter top that goes to the trash can.
- The outside light next to the utility hookups
- A quiet generator
- 15K AC/Heat pump - Great for cool morning but the furnace is still a must for real cold
- Artic packs on the tanks and heated compartments
- DSI water heater for near instant hot water
- Insulated roof - the big win here is a quieter drive.
- cedar linings in the cabinets
- well thought out power outlet locations in the bedroom, at counter level, and in the bathroom.
Things I don't like
- The wrap around dinette. When you're sliding around to get in the middle it's really easy to knock your head. When you convert it to a bed the irregular seams from the cushions make it tough to get comfortable when sleeping without velcroing the cushions together and carting around a heavy sleeping mat to top off the cushions. We don't use the dinette for sleeping unless we're absolutely desperate.
- Large gas rigs are a pain at the gas pump even at truck stops because many gas pumps are made for smaller vehicles and boy do you get looks when your rig and toad take up two pumps to fill a big tank.
- Noisy gas engine when pulling through mountains and the inability to regain speed when it's lost. I can hold speed with the V10 but if I get caught by a slow vehicle I'm done. There is no accelerating on a grade.
- The electric and drain lines are in the same compartment. They're separated by an internal barrier but fluids go right around it and if there's a leak oh man is it fun to clean up.
- Having my bed in the slide. My head is right there in the slide and the slide doesn't have as much insulation as the rest of the rig has so I get cold during cold nights.
Things I wish I had
- Full electric rig. I've had a propane leak before so I'm a bit paranoid about carrying that high pressure tank around.
- Larger fridge. I don't want a residential fridge but a double door dual mode fridge would be nice. Yeah, I know, a dual mode fridge doesn't work with a full electric rig but these are wishes!
- Leveling Jacks even though I know they're a pain to maintain and you still have to get out to level safely at many sites.