Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2008, 05:39 PM   #1

Question What's the differance; Georgetown, SE?

Have been looking at the Georgetown line of moterhomes, but don't know the differance between their moterhome lines. Can anyone enlighten me about the differance between the Georgetown and the Georgetown SE?
Another item of confusion is CCC ratings. They have the same GVWR (22,000) and similar UVW ratings but very diffeerent CCC ratings, with the SE's almost 1,000lbs more.

Confused
kruegerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #2

I just purchased a Georgetown SE Model 338. The SE model has some options already added by the Manufacturer; whereas the Standard Georgetown allows the dealer to add options he wants. Also the Standard has more slideouts avaialble; which adds to the vehicle weight. The reason the SE has more cargo carrying capacity(CCC) is because of the more sledouts and the longer vehicle length (the more weight added with slideouts and options the less CCC)
I've owned six new motorhomes from various manufacturers. The reason I purchased the Georgetown was it has the most options for the price. I had a Class C (2007 model) and have found Forest River products to be well built and the qua;lity of workmanship better than most. The new Ford F53 chassid is a huge step above the older one. It has 362HP; bilstein shocks; larger sway bar; tougher frame; better turning radius etc. It rides smoother and is easier to handle on uneven roads. I have very few (if any) rattles or thumps.
I purchased mine from Colerains RV in Cincinatti Ohio on their website. The salesman was Nick and believe me this dealer is the best I have ever dealt with. From the sales force to the finance officer thery gave me exceptional service. They also had the best dealer on the internet. If you get the chance call them and they will definetely answer any questions or concerns.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #3

So, is the SE basically a better equiped higher quality Georgetown, a Buick vs a Chev? The 378 I saw at the RV show looked VERY nice.

Still confused over the higher CCC rating. I understand that more slides, longer length would add weight but should that not be accounted for in the UVW (unloaded vehical weight)? You can find models that have similar UVW but the SE's have 1,000lb more CCC. The only differance is the wheelbase, but I didn't think that could make a differance.

378TS = 22,000 GVWR, 19,360 UVW, 3 slides, 37' 2", 1,596 CCC
350TS = 22,000 GVWR, 19,459 UVW, 3 slides, 35' 6", 2,541 CCC

The 350TS has 945lb more CCC, 60% more than the 378TS
kruegerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #4

Yes you are correct. Remember that the longer 378 has more fiberglass; more steel; more drawers; etc. This all adds to the weight. That is why the 338 at 33 feet long has more CCC than the 378 at 37 feet long. The wet weight is the UVW plus the water and 'propane tank full etc. If you buy a gas coach' regardless of MFG you will find that the longer the motorhome is the less CCC it has. The gas coach that has more usuallly cuts back on the size of the fresh water tank (65 gallons vs 80 gallons). Water is the heaviest item you will carry per pound per gallon. I had a Class C with 40 gallon fresh water tank; not enough for dry camping. If you always stay at campgrounds with full hookups then this doesn't matter but if you stay at aout of the way places or Walmarts etc. you will not be happy with the small water tank.
The only way to get over more than 3500# CCC is to buy a diesel; but you will pay 30 to 40 thousand more for one. If you can buy a gas coach with 1900 # CCC or more you should be fine.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote