Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #11
i forgot to release the pressure valve on our hot water tank and removed the rod at the bottom.
Fired it out like a scud missle - straight through the slats on my winter car's grille and into rad.
As i stood there with water everywhere and DW looking for the rod.... loosing a couple of gallons of RV fluid for winterizing sound like a cup of coffee a day for a week compaired to this. We all play the village idiot from time to time.
Its a social responsibility in our country.

2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #12
Along winterizing line when should we do this we live in north GA?

2015 Forest River 21 DS
1999 F350 super 7.2 diesel
Showing basenjis
almasibasenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #13
I tried using my black tank flush feature today and it didn't work. (you can find the whole sordid story in another thread) First thing I did was flood the bathroom as the QC people at FR must have been asleep. The hose wasn't tight on the backflow preventer valve. I tightened the valve, turned on the water and it still wouldn't work.

Could I have damaged the valve when I blew the air through it? I only put about 35psi into it. A bunch of you are saying I really didn't screw up and that you blow out your black water flush system.

And, thank you for not making me feel like a complete idiot! Apparently I'm in very good company here.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Denmark, ME & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Wbunney View Post
Hi there. I am new to this Forest River forum. But in response to your winterizing, I would have liked to see FR put a bypass valve on the water filter s we don't waste a gallon of antifreeze in the filter cotainer. I would like to install one but it is difficult accessing the water lines to place the valve
I just installed a water heater bypass kit on my 2860DS MH water filter. It's under the bed but still a little tight to work on. It's working great. I like the ability to turn a valve in the spring and use the water filter and then in the fall/winter shut the valve remove the filter and winterize with antifreeze.
2009 Sunseeker 2860DS
Bulldog keyless entry
Firestone airbags
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:30 AM   #15
I don't have a compressor so just use antifreeze. This was the first time I winterized a big rig. I had a pop up before with just a water pump and city water service plug.

I bought this tool from Amazon. It works great for pumping water into the city water service valve and the black tank flush. Camco 36003 RV Hand Pump Kit: Automotive

I also created an MS Excel checklist that I will follow on my next winterize, if I do one again. Before next winter, I will drive the rig to Fl in the fall, stay a month, store the rig, drive back to Canada and return after New Years to spend the rest of the winter basking in the warmth. Ah retirement
Bob & Kelley
2015 Flagstaff 26RBSS
2014 FORD F-150 Supercrew 4x4
3.5L Ecoboost, 3:73 axle, Max Tow Pkg

2015(36 nights) 2016(37 nights so far)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 AM   #16
I usually use that "blue curly hose".. attach it to the outside faucet ..then thread it to the black water flush...then pump the pink stuff in...that's probably the final thing when winterizing

2014 Crusader 325 TE....2012.. F 250.. Supercab XLT, 4x2 , diesel....days camped 2011 ... 28.... days camped 2012...115 ... days camped 2013...155...2014...171 and counting
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote

winter, winterize