Old 02-15-2016, 10:28 PM   #31

Many call us "tow police"??

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:03 PM   #32

The stickers are much like the dry weight stickers on RVs. They don't include anything the dealer or owner has added to the truck. Bed liner, cap, bed cover, tools, fancy aftermarket wheels and tires, jumper cables, etc ... All add up and are not depicted on the lawsuit sticker.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #33

lawsuit sticker?? Please.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:38 PM   #34
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Honestly... It is prob not to far off... The ones who claim they know better than the truck's engineers would be the first to sue when the rear axle of their truck breaks in half!! and the maker says they will not make the repairs under warranty.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #35

"rear axle breaks in half" Let's enjoy camping not scare the hell out of them to not go.Use a little common sense.Little trailer little bigger TV and so on.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:15 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
I would like you to show me one that existed before the Explorer and Firestone mess. That sticker is exactly the same as the Coffee is hot warning. Lawyers made it happen to defend the company.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I'm waiting for my neighbor to decide to sell his truck...a Freightliner Sportchasis with the super big engine (not sure, but something like 1,600 pounds torque). Then I'd never have to worry about weight.
That should do it but wait till you have to pay for maintenance; BIL has one (a Sportchassis) it takes 28 quarts of oil about every 10,000 miles. It has 300HP and 860lb/ft of torque and that is with the optional Caterpillar engine. Its for sale... $55,000 in one EASY payment. What surprised me was when he sits 4000# of pin weight on it, it dropped the truck 1 inch, but the automatic air leveling corrects that. Pulling 18,000# it gets 10.5mpg or better.
WW
Old 02-16-2016, 09:26 PM   #38
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
That should do it but wait till you have to pay for maintenance; BIL has one (a Sportchassis) it takes 28 quarts of oil about every 10,000 miles. It has 300HP and 860lb/ft of torque and that is with the optional Caterpillar engine. Its for sale... $55,000 in one EASY payment. What surprised me was when he sits 4000# of pin weight on it, it dropped the truck 1 inch, but the automatic air leveling corrects that. Pulling 18,000# it gets 10.5mpg or better.
WW
I think people who pay north of $150,000 for a personal truck don't worry about maintenance costs. My friend takes his to Freightliner once a year and has them do all the needed stuff. Says the bill runs about $1,000.

His truck has the Detroit engine with 1675 lbs.torque and is amazing at pulling. Rode with him up Monteagle pass in Tennessee and the truck, with cruise on, never shifted gears pulling 20,000 pounds of loaded horse trailer at 60 mph.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:01 PM   #39
Canadian Member

To the OP, may I suggest riding those Harleys rather than hauling them!!

Seriously, if you want to camp with your motorcycles, you can buy a relatively light tent trailer to pull behind a full size bike like a Dresser. I used to camp in a pup tent with my wife when we toured around on our GoldWing (pulled a pup cargo trailer behind the Wing with all our camping gear in it) but I don't sleep on the ground anymore!
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #40
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
To the OP, may I suggest riding those Harleys rather than hauling them!!

Seriously, if you want to camp with your motorcycles, you can buy a relatively light tent trailer to pull behind a full size bike like a Dresser. I used to camp in a pup tent with my wife when we toured around on our GoldWing (pulled a pup cargo trailer behind the Wing with all our camping gear in it) but I don't sleep on the ground anymore!
Been there...done that. In over 55 continuous years of riding I've hit every state in the USA, through Canada to Alaska, down the Baja twice and through Central America to Panama. I've ridden in the alps of France, Italy and Switzerland and even rented a Honda to ride the streets of Hong Kong (just to say I did it...never again). Got all the t-shirts. Have maintenance records to show over one million miles ridden.

Now, I refuse to ride on Interstates or four lane roads unless I'm in a group. Even the times when I do day rides in the Georgia/North Carolina mountains I throw the Harley in an enclosed trailer to take it 75 or so miles to the starting points. I meet up with lots of friends at various events (Daytona, Panama City, Nascar tracks) but no way will I ever ride a motorcycle to those places.

The toy hauler is the best thing ever made for us old timers. Easy loading and a really comfortable place to stay when I get to wherever. I cannot see me ever again spending a night in a tent.

(And, it's hard to scrape a floorboard riding the Tennessee Snake if a trailer is hanging onto the Harley). Gotta agree with the OP.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote