Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #1

2004 18lt Water Tank Part number

Does anyone know the part number for the fresh water tank for a 2004 work and play m-18lt.
Loaned mine out to family and the tank fell out after hitting pot hole.

Nephew says it is a ameri-kart w1314. Looked at the cad drawing and it doesn't have a top fill.

I will strap this one in.
thanks
unclelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclelar View Post
Does anyone know the part number for the fresh water tank for a 2004 work and play m-18lt.
Loaned mine out to family and the tank fell out after hitting pot hole.

Nephew says it is a ameri-kart w1314. Looked at the cad drawing and it doesn't have a top fill.

I will strap this one in.
thanks
Did yours fall out? I have a 2006 18LT and mine is drooping, bellied very low. The previous owner had the metal straps installed to hold it in. I too want the part number of a new tank, I would like to replace mine and fix it correct from the start.

Frank
In2racn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #3

Nephew was taking it to Ohio with a full tank of water, hit a pot hole and the passenger side came down and ground a hole in the tank. He said that it was a real pain and had to use pry bars to get it the rest of the way out.

From what I have read if it has water the tank will bow at the bottom and it should have straps put on to keep it from bowing to much.

Mine had straps when I bought it but it had forced the tank up and broke the fill hose so i took the straps off and had not replaced them before he asked to use it.

I was able to order a new one but I still don't have the part number other than it is a ameri-kart w1314. I will let you know when I get the invoice on it.
If yours is not leaking or in bad shape I don't know I would replace it the new one would bow if you fill it with water.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #4

I have the exact same issue. My dad ran over a garbage can and dove the bowed (bellied) fresh tank up into the fill line and broke it. I thought when I dropped the tank to replace the fill line I would put a new better quality tank that wouldn't bow. Maybe such a tank does not exist? I will need to replace the fill line, did you as well? If so, was it difficult?

Quote:
Nephew was taking it to Ohio with a full tank of water, hit a pot hole and the passenger side came down and ground a hole in the tank. He said that it was a real pain and had to use pry bars to get it the rest of the way out.

From what I have read if it has water the tank will bow at the bottom and it should have straps put on to keep it from bowing to much.

Mine had straps when I bought it but it had forced the tank up and broke the fill hose so i took the straps off and had not replaced them before he asked to use it.

I was able to order a new one but I still don't have the part number other than it is a ameri-kart w1314. I will let you know when I get the invoice on it.
If yours is not leaking or in bad shape I don't know I would replace it the new one would bow if you fill it with water.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2racn View Post
I have the exact same issue. My dad ran over a garbage can and dove the bowed (bellied) fresh tank up into the fill line and broke it. I thought when I dropped the tank to replace the fill line I would put a new better quality tank that wouldn't bow. Maybe such a tank does not exist? I will need to replace the fill line, did you as well? If so, was it difficult?
I did replace the fill line. I didn't drop the tank but I did pull the fill plate on the side of the trailer. On mine the tank is 1 3/8 and the fill plate is 1 1/4 but 1 3/8 hose clamped down ok. It only took about an hour and wasn't to bad.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #6

Quote:
I did replace the fill line. I didn't drop the tank but I did pull the fill plate on the side of the trailer. On mine the tank is 1 3/8 and the fill plate is 1 1/4 but 1 3/8 hose clamped down ok. It only took about an hour and wasn't to bad.
Did you pull out the hot water tank? There is no room to work.

Did you buy a fill line? Looks like vacuum hose with that wire wrapping inside. Mine turned hard and brittle, cracking every time I touch it.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #7

Yup mine was very brittle. Mine was green with ridges. I purchased a new fill hose off eBay. it came in 5 foot lengths.
In my trailer if you open the cabinet under the sink the inside of the cabinet opens up to the right and gives you a little room to look and work.
I pulled the fresh water hatch off the outside of the trailer and was able to feed the hose from under the trailer up through the area beside the cabinet and out the fill whole.
I then attached the hose to the fill hatch, and replaced it with caulking to reseal it, and then went under the trailer and gently pulled a little of the extra hose back through the bottom of the trailer.
Putting it on the water tank is a little hard as it didn't want to slide very easily and the filler neck off the tank points to the bottom of the trailer and the hose has to do a 90 degree bend to go on.
I am thinking when I put my new tank in of possible trying to put an elbow on the tank to make it a little easier.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #8

RV Water Tanks | RV Fresh Water Tanks | RV Potable Water Tanks

Take some measurements of the old one, see if one of these will work?
Old 10-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #9

Thanks for the info. I did put a PVC elbow into the tank. I had to grind it to press fit in. It has been a few months so I can't remember what size I actually used. At the time, I didn't realize I had a broken fill line, we were loaded heading to Mid-Ohio for the AMA Vintage weekend. I made due with the cracked fill line by using it as a tube to guide a garden hose down to the tank to fill it.

I will need to crawl under there and fix the fill line during winter. Thanks for all the info, been a big help.

Quote:
Yup mine was very brittle. Mine was green with ridges. I purchased a new fill hose off eBay. it came in 5 foot lengths.
In my trailer if you open the cabinet under the sink the inside of the cabinet opens up to the right and gives you a little room to look and work.
I pulled the fresh water hatch off the outside of the trailer and was able to feed the hose from under the trailer up through the area beside the cabinet and out the fill whole.
I then attached the hose to the fill hatch, and replaced it with caulking to reseal it, and then went under the trailer and gently pulled a little of the extra hose back through the bottom of the trailer.
Putting it on the water tank is a little hard as it didn't want to slide very easily and the filler neck off the tank points to the bottom of the trailer and the hose has to do a 90 degree bend to go on.
I am thinking when I put my new tank in of possible trying to put an elbow on the tank to make it a little easier.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 036.6turbo View Post
RV Water Tanks | RV Fresh Water Tanks | RV Potable Water Tanks

Take some measurements of the old one, see if one of these will work?
Thanks I have the original ordered but it hasn't shipped waiting on shipping cost. If it doesn't work out I will keep this in mind.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:10 AM   #11

Just thought I would update. I do want to say thanks to Chaz at Forest River for all his help. Picked up tank and brought it home. Remember nephew saying how hard it was to get out. Started to try and maneuver it in to place and it was not going to go. I looked and found the rear angle iron was held in by two screws on both sides. the angle iron will rotate and I placed the tank over the angle on the front and against the back angle and then rotated the back angle back into place. It actually worked pretty easy.

Tags
tank, water, water tank