Old 04-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #31

I would agree that we all need to treat our RV's as children that need constant care. I applied Eternabond tape to all my roof openings and edges and it is basically a new camper. I just wanted the insurance of the flexible tape that can flex as I drive down the road twisting and turning.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #32

Seeing this conversation worries me we just brought home a 2015 34WRS, are there any suggestions on things I need to make sure to check

Old 04-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #33

Congrats on the new trailer. I have not even seen a 34WRS yet. That must be a long long trailer! (our favorite movie by the way)

Maybe you can post some pictures.

Just from this thread I would do a thorough walk around and check all windows and compartments for proper sealing. FR uses Silicone Caulk in these areas. Just make sure there sealed all the way around.

Check the outside refrigerator compartment to make sure it's sealed on the bottom.. When mine was new the drain for the refrigerator was still inside the compartment and not sticking out the fridge vent like it should.

Check inside the wheel wells and make sure the FRP had a undercoating on it (ratracer)

The only problem I have had with my 2011 30 WR when I bought it new, is a shower leak between the surround and the pan. Fixed under warranty by replacing the surround and the vanity which got ruined from the water. They did a good job and no problem with the warranty.

Little bugs and problems may raise their ugly heads as you use it. If you can park it out of the weather it would be a big help.

I have a thread on here called Mod's and Tweaks of some things I have done to my 30 WR...
Old 04-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #34

Thank you very much for the tips. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430086187.694745.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	75310Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430086202.209900.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	75311
Old 04-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #35

Nice!
Old 04-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #36

Nice! wow I bet that has a really huge garage. I agree to check to see if any of the problems I am having, have been addressed in the newer units. I don't know the exact kind of wood they use in the wheel well area. Regardless it should have been protected. Nice contoured U channel would have been a nice quality thing from the factory. At the least heavy rubberized undercoating. Still waiting for a pick up time for a trip back to forest river. I signed a owners agreement of everything they want me to do before pick up. I was going to get a enclosed carport for the unit. I think I will hold off to see if they do a quality job first.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #37

I just had mine out for a 5 day trip and while waxing it, I noticed near the entry door that they have changed the sticker to read that it is customer responsibility to check the seals every 90 days. Not really a bad idea. I have never had a problem till the 30wrs I have now and it is only in the fridge area. I will be double checking all the seals even more regularly and will definitely get better with the application of sealant.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #38

Actually all my outside seals. Other than the half finished one. Still look like day one... Guess the stuff you don't see gets you..
Old 05-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #39

I just wanted to update on my camper. James from forest river called and gave me the low down. As it turns out the camper had more problems than met the eye. There was also roof and wall damage (water leaks) on the complete other side of the camper too! He said it's just something that shouldn't happen. He did say that I did nothing wrong on my part. They are going to strip it down to the frame and put it back on the line and just build a whole new camper! He said it will be checked for quality at each step and 4 quality control inspections before being sent back. He said I will have a brand new unit again. So at least it sounds like they are doing the right thing. The finished product will tell.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratracer101 View Post
I just wanted to update on my camper. James from forest river called and gave me the low down. As it turns out the camper had more problems than met the eye. There was also roof and wall damage (water leaks) on the complete other side of the camper too! He said it's just something that shouldn't happen. He did say that I did nothing wrong on my part. They are going to strip it down to the frame and put it back on the line and just build a whole new camper! He said it will be checked for quality at each step and 4 quality control inspections before being sent back. He said I will have a brand new unit again. So at least it sounds like they are doing the right thing. The finished product will tell.
Except for the down time it looks like they are going to get you taken care of. Good for you and good for Forest River..

Tags
2013, water