Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #1

2014 wrs heater/ac

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue! First got Toyhauler and when we were stocking it up I would run gen to run the heater, one night this fall had camper plugged in and heater would not work until I turned on propane! Is there a reset or anything I can look for or at?

Thanks in advance
MODMANIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
Site Team

OK, first your RV has a furnace and a water heater.
the furnace uses propane to heat, not electricity. It uses 12vDC battery power to run the fan and lite the burner.
running the generator only recharges the battery, since the furnace fan is the biggest consumer of battery power.
there's no electric heat in RV's, unless you get separate heaters, like a ceramic one.
many of us use them to supplement the propane furnace if you have shore power.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODMANIA View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had this issue! First got Toyhauler and when we were stocking it up I would run gen to run the heater, one night this fall had camper plugged in and heater would not work until I turned on propane! Is there a reset or anything I can look for or at?

Thanks in advance
Thinking out loud, gas is the energy source used by both both Atwood and Suburban.......
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply!! I didn't remember turning the propane on when we first got it, but what you said makes perfect sence! Looks like I'll be looking for an edinpure!

Thanks again
MODMANIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #5

Hi friends. I have a 2015 Georgetown 364TS. My 2007 Fleetwood Tioga had a heat pump in the roof A/C. I cannot find any documentation on my Dometic A/C to say if it has a heat pump, or do I have to rely on propane for furnace heat?
Regards, Al
Al Fiallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #6

I believe if you had a heat pump it would be one of the selections on your thermostat/controller.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, heater