Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #1

25WAB or 25 WB

The 25 WAB is FRP walls not sure what the WB walls are. Does anyone know why one is better than the other. Floor plan is exactly the same.
The Wb is about 800 lbs lighter

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #2

I have a 25WAB and love it. Solid walls Vs hollow walls. WAB is built like a tank as was my 18EC.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

25WAB or 25 WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick03hd View Post
The 25 WAB is FRP walls not sure what the WB walls are. Does anyone know why one is better than the other. Floor plan is exactly the same.
The Wb is about 800 lbs lighter
WB has 5200 axles and 15" tires, WAB has 6,000 axles and 16" tires. One being fiberglass and the other being filon, along with the WAB having that plastic front enclosure and the pull down garage bed. I have the WB and am real happy at $17,000.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
WB has 5200 axles and 15" tires, WAB has 6,000 axles and 16" tires. One being fiberglass and the other being filon, along with the WAB having that plastic front enclosure and the pull down garage bed. I have the WB and am real happy at $17,000.
Here are links to a problem with the front cover coming loose at highway speeds on my 25WAB. Also the flat roof holds water 2" deep in some places,

Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #5

2" is exaggerating. Maybe 1/2" -3/4". Don't park it level. Adjust the clamps to hold better. I've had 1 or 2 come loose, never the entire front panel unless the factory made the holes too big which would be a warranty issue. Doesn't Pierce sell WnP now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #6

So 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of water sitting against a water based sealer is acceptable, also I should have to run the heater and get on the roof and remove ice sheets before I can tow this nearly new camper? Our local dealer had it for 2 months and could not get the front clips to work. they said to take it up with Work and Play.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
So 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of water sitting against a water based sealer is acceptable, also I should have to run the heater and get on the roof and remove ice sheets before I can tow this nearly new camper? Our local dealer had it for 2 months and could not get the front clips to work. they said to take it up with Work and Play.
On several other threads on this forum a few owners have told you what to do as far as the clips go. There is nothing wrong IF they are put together correctly with the washers in the right place.

Is it Pierce that you've been taking it to? If so, which location. I'll be glad to let them know what needs to be done to make the clips work perfectly.

OR - you can do as others have done - stack the washers in the proper order and tighten the clips. They do not come out when applied properly.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:32 AM   #8

We have had 3 different dealers in 1 year, all three complained how Work and Play would short them on warranty payments. The last one took it on because they were a Forest River Dealer, and wanted me to pay for the work and get reimbursed from W&P. The front cover can be fixed but the roof is a different story. There is no reason to build a roof that holds water against a water based sealer. I cannot risk driving South with a sheet of ice as big as a pickup box on the roof, waiting to come loose and hit a car windshield.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #9

Don't completely level your camper when you park it and your water problem is solved. Seriously. This is a long known about quirk with a WnP. Inspect the roof seal regularly.

As far as the Dealer goes, they'll tell you anything for a sale or to get out of a bill.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:28 AM   #10

And please don't get me wrong, I can understand the frustration of you were not prepared for these quirks. However, at this point the continued tirade about the clips and standing water on the roof comes across as purposefully making mountains out of mole hills because you are unhappy with your purchase, despite solutions being given. the clips not being addressed by the dealer is either a dealer not providing quality customer service for one reason or another.

Personally, I don't think you will ever be happy with your WnP.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #11

I would need a longer jack, the front would need to be 6 or 8 feet above the ground for the water to run off. It is not a quirk but a bad design, they sell it as a 1 piece aluminum roof when in reality it is a mobile bird bath / ice skating rink depending on the season. This roof has in excess of 70 feet of seam protected by a water base sealer, with standing water against most of it! I am still waiting on W & P to respond to an e-mail and give me their idea on removing the ice on the roof before towing it and hitting a car with pickup box sized ice sheets.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #12

4577 people have viewed the first 4 blogs on this forum, hopefully I have stopped at least one of them from making the same mistake I did!

25WAG or 25WB = 678
ice on 25WAB = 55
Replacement clips = 1570
Issues 2016 W&P = 2274
Total 5477
Old 01-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #13

I would have to agree with dritll above. I am on my second W&P and quite happy. You are dwelling on the same things instead of being pro active and doing something about it other than complain. All RV's have some problems out of the factory that need to be tweaked or fixed. I have had 9 different RV's and have had some problems with all of them. Fix them and move on.

Jack
Old 01-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #14

I raise mine half a bubble on the 2' level and call it good. No bathing birds. No 2" of water anywhere. You are mad and refusing to take the logical route. If you knew of the standing water and wanted to take it out during winter, the logical decision would be to park it as I described to minimize standing water, therefore ice build up. Adjust your clips so they hold properly. Refusing to do these simple things is just you having buyers remorse and trying to be a thorn in he side of your dealer (possibly why they have stopped working with you) and WnP/Forest River.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #15

The logical route would have been to have a sloped roof like every other camper made. In the end it goes back on me for not looking on the roof and seeing how it was built. I listened when they said it was a one piece seamless aluminum roof. There is 66 feet of seam sealed with caulking around the perimeter of the camper with water standing against most of it plus the roof vents, antenna and AC are on islands. The warranty on this roof is 1 year with a disclaimer that the chalking needs inspections every 3 months, the "less rugged" rubber roofs used on every other camper are warrantied for 12 years.
In response to re-stacking the latches, it was at the dealer for 2 months, they worked under the direction of W & P, and they still pull out. I paided for new not a project.
W & P's response to water and ice on the roof was to put a cover on it or cover it with a tarp. I feel like I should not have to jack the camper up and down whenever it rains or snow melts, plus the low spots and the trim piece down the sides will still hold water.
When the fuel filler cap was 6" lower than the top of the gas tank I knew then that it was poorly built, Whoever assembled the fuel system knew it was wrong and sent it out anyway.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #16

WnP are built more like a cargo trailer than a camper. The benefit of the 1 piece aluminum roof is many cargo style trailers have aluminum roofs with seams every 4 ft.

The sealant on the roof is the same as any other mfr used to seal around vents and seams. It is not water soluble when cured.

You bought new, and got new. In my experience with campers and vehicles I don't think I can remember a vehicle or camper that didn't have a recall or that didn't need to warranty work. My father just dropped a lot of coin on a Cyclone "luxury" TH and after the first couple outings had a list of things to be repaired by the dealer. He still loves it because he understands nothing is perfect. Every camper he has bought new has been taken back for warranty issues.

We get it. You are mad because you now have buyers remorse. WnP has been making these trailers this way for years now and none of the issues you have encountered are any sort of secret. Learn to use your latches, don't leave your camper parked for extended periods completely level, invest in a cover. If you don't want to then sell or trade it in.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #17

Wait until you google FRP delamination.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:01 AM   #18

The main difference between the sealant on a curved roof and a flat roof is the water is running over the sealant a curved roof, on a flat roof it is holding water against the sealant giving it a lot more time to find a place to penetrate the sealant and cause a leak
Old 02-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #19

Well, this thread went completely upside down.
I had hoped to gather some info on the 2 different models mentioned in the original post.
That ain't gonna happen here.
KD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD 1 View Post
Well, this thread went completely upside down.
I had hoped to gather some info on the 2 different models mentioned in the original post.
That ain't gonna happen here.
At least not as long as Concerned Taxpayer is on this thread.

Thoughts for concerned taxpayer:

"I have discovered the enemy and he is within" Pogo Poag

Jack