Old 08-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #1

25WAB or 25 WB

The 25 WAB is FRP walls not sure what the WB walls are. Does anyone know why one is better than the other. Floor plan is exactly the same.
The Wb is about 800 lbs lighter

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #2

I have a 25WAB and love it. Solid walls Vs hollow walls. WAB is built like a tank as was my 18EC.

Jack

Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

25WAB or 25 WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick03hd View Post
The 25 WAB is FRP walls not sure what the WB walls are. Does anyone know why one is better than the other. Floor plan is exactly the same.
The Wb is about 800 lbs lighter
WB has 5200 axles and 15" tires, WAB has 6,000 axles and 16" tires. One being fiberglass and the other being filon, along with the WAB having that plastic front enclosure and the pull down garage bed. I have the WB and am real happy at $17,000.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
WB has 5200 axles and 15" tires, WAB has 6,000 axles and 16" tires. One being fiberglass and the other being filon, along with the WAB having that plastic front enclosure and the pull down garage bed. I have the WB and am real happy at $17,000.
Here are links to a problem with the front cover coming loose at highway speeds on my 25WAB. Also the flat roof holds water 2" deep in some places,

Old 01-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #5

2" is exaggerating. Maybe 1/2" -3/4". Don't park it level. Adjust the clamps to hold better. I've had 1 or 2 come loose, never the entire front panel unless the factory made the holes too big which would be a warranty issue. Doesn't Pierce sell WnP now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #6

So 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of water sitting against a water based sealer is acceptable, also I should have to run the heater and get on the roof and remove ice sheets before I can tow this nearly new camper? Our local dealer had it for 2 months and could not get the front clips to work. they said to take it up with Work and Play.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
So 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of water sitting against a water based sealer is acceptable, also I should have to run the heater and get on the roof and remove ice sheets before I can tow this nearly new camper? Our local dealer had it for 2 months and could not get the front clips to work. they said to take it up with Work and Play.
On several other threads on this forum a few owners have told you what to do as far as the clips go. There is nothing wrong IF they are put together correctly with the washers in the right place.

Is it Pierce that you've been taking it to? If so, which location. I'll be glad to let them know what needs to be done to make the clips work perfectly.

OR - you can do as others have done - stack the washers in the proper order and tighten the clips. They do not come out when applied properly.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:32 PM   #8

We have had 3 different dealers in 1 year, all three complained how Work and Play would short them on warranty payments. The last one took it on because they were a Forest River Dealer, and wanted me to pay for the work and get reimbursed from W&P. The front cover can be fixed but the roof is a different story. There is no reason to build a roof that holds water against a water based sealer. I cannot risk driving South with a sheet of ice as big as a pickup box on the roof, waiting to come loose and hit a car windshield.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #9

Don't completely level your camper when you park it and your water problem is solved. Seriously. This is a long known about quirk with a WnP. Inspect the roof seal regularly.

As far as the Dealer goes, they'll tell you anything for a sale or to get out of a bill.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #10

And please don't get me wrong, I can understand the frustration of you were not prepared for these quirks. However, at this point the continued tirade about the clips and standing water on the roof comes across as purposefully making mountains out of mole hills because you are unhappy with your purchase, despite solutions being given. the clips not being addressed by the dealer is either a dealer not providing quality customer service for one reason or another.

Personally, I don't think you will ever be happy with your WnP.