Old 08-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
275ulsbs still no fun to pull

After going through many procedures and weighing everything on the truck scales, adding generator to front rack and 2nd battery to get the right tongue weight, this trailer still sucks to pull. The rear garage is supposed to be good for 1500 lbs. My rzr weighs 1100 and that is the only thing that goes in there? Backed in as close to the sliding door it can be.

I'm towing with 98 2500 cummins, Reese dual cam WDH and one Curtis anti sway. I built the truck myself and its laid down 430hp and 850 ft/lbs at the wheels, it's not a power issue. I'm starting to believe the sway I get is just due to the fact the 10' garage is completely out behind the axles and the weight should be limited to less then 1000 lbs in the back. What shocks me is I've seen this trailer advertised as a 1/2 ton towable. Yeah right that would be fun. I've checked trailer wheel alignment and do not know what else to do.

2013 Ultra work and play 275ULSBS
Towed by 98 2500 Dodge Cummins hand built by me
Polaris RZR couple of Ski Doo REVs
Blktegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
Site Team
Is your wdh adjusted properly? Ideally your reese should be adjusted to return the front axle to as close to unloaded weight as possible without going heavier. Next check your cams. Pull forward about 100 ft straight on flat level ground. Make sure your cams are sitting correctly in the saddle.

These links are very helpful for the dual cam. It us very hard to get adjusted properly. Ask me how I know.
Travel trailer hitch setup procedure

wdh, how it works.

Next, are you within your payload and tow capacity? Is your tongue weight under or over your hitch receiver ratings? What size bars are you running on your wdh? What is your tongue weight?

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:01 AM   #3
Have you tried pulling with the garage empty yet? Does it tow better when empty?
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
TakeItEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:08 AM   #4
What is your TW % "Loaded Ready to Go Down the Road"? I would like to see a Pic of your "Reese Dual Cam with the Added Curtis Anti-Sway also! What are your TT Tire Specs,pressure,Brand? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:54 PM   #5
You said you built the truck. Is it jacked up, or have aftermarket wheels and tires with non stock offset? Looking at all possibilities.
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
I'm curious about the sway control bar plus the Reese dual cam. That's the first I've heard of doing that. I'm wondering if one is canceling the other out. Friction vs torque. I have know idea if that is plausible or not. Just floating the idea. When I had a sway issue I thought about airbags but an E-trailer rep told me that airbags were not recommended with sway control because they fought each other. I'm no expert by any stretch but that's what I was told. I hope you figure it out. Sway can make a trip miserable.
Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #7
X2 trying it with the garage empty. I would also check the tire pressure and ensure it is at max.
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #8
Originally Posted by TakeItEasy View Post
Have you tried pulling with the garage empty yet? Does it tow better when empty?
As Above. Try towing empty. Let us know. Good Luck.
Harvey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #9
hey,blktegra. I tow a 35' toy hauler TT with a 3/4 ton. I have an 11' garage that I put a 1260 pound sxs in. I am very tongue heavy w/o the sxs loaded.
I found out by going to the Cat scales that loading the sxs takes 300 pounds off of my tongue weight! This also returns my TV front axle to within 1/4" of not having my TT hooked up. It's a fine balance having that much weight completely behind the TT axles. IMHO I think you may have a light tongue weight issue. There many people on this forum with a whole lot more tow weight knowledge then I have. Hopefully they will be able to help you out.
Rugman1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:01 AM   #10
Blktegra. Where did you go? You posted about your unhappiness with your unit, people have responded, but you haven't been back. ????

Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote