Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #1

27UL Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler

Hi. I am looking at one of the Work and Play 27UL toy haulers as it is listed as 1/2 Ton Short box towable. I wonder if anyone has any real life experience with one? I have a 2010 F150 Crew Cab with the 5.4L engine, and I was wondering what anyone can tell me. My racing days are over, so I'm just looking at a pit bike or two, as I now do start/finish, or work the corners at the race tracks in the area. Thanks in advance, Mike.
Mikey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The only way to tell if you can tow it is to run the numbers. Plenty of towing calculators on here and the internet, just do a search. I have an 18LT, and with two motorcycles, comes in at 7000 pounds. Truck rated for 7200, and it is all the truck wants, since we tow in the mountains a lot. The biggest thing for me is the 1000 pound tongue weight. I just upgraded to 1200 pound bars on a Reese dual cam hitch, a, but I'm and it helped, but still don't have enough weight on the front axle. Oh well, I know my limits.

The UL model may be a lighter built trailer, haven't taken time to look at one.

And WELCOME to the forums.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #3

According to the numbers, I'm good, but I was more asking for opinions, reviews. The numbers say it will work, but I have searched high and low, but no reviews. I was just thinking that they are out for a few years now, someone must have something to say about them but I haven't had any luck reading about it. Thanks for the welcome, I'm just in the process of looking at moving from a bumper pull toy hauler to a fifth wheel.
Mikey54 is offline   Reply With Quote