Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
25WAB with Happy Jack beds in the back and front bedroom. Previous was W&P 18EC.

Jack

I have only 60" between my fridge and the cabinets on the floor across from it.
AdvBikeDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvBikeDuo View Post
I have only 60" between my fridge and the cabinets on the floor across from it.
Mine is a new 2017. Without going to the Hanger to measure it I believe it to be 65-66 inches to the wheel well from the Refrigerator. With the Spyder or the Maverick (both 60" wide ) I have about two inches either side of the wheels. I lay a 2x4x6 on its side next to the refrigerator and the right hand wheel well for guidance and protection when driving in.

What year and model do you have?

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:44 AM   #43

Quote:
Mine is a new 2017. Without going to the Hanger to measure it I believe it to be 65-66 inches to the wheel well from the Refrigerator. With the Spyder or the Maverick (both 60" wide ) I have about two inches either side of the wheels. I lay a 2x4x6 on its side next to the refrigerator and the right hand wheel well for guidance and protection when driving in.

What year and model do you have?

Jack
2016 28VFB.
2016 Can Am Maverick Max XDS 1000 turbo
Looks like the difference between your and my toy hauler is that I have cabinets across from my refrigerator on the floor
Old 02-06-2017, 09:49 AM   #44

Quote:
2016 28VFB.
2016 Can Am Maverick Max XDS 1000 turbo
Looks like the difference between your and my toy hauler is that I have cabinets across from my refrigerator on the floor
The Maverick Turbo is 64" wide. I bought the Maverick 1000X xc because it is 60" wide not 64" specifically to fit in the 25WAB. Same engine and horsepower with out the turbo. I may of been able to load the 64" turbo but it would have been very tight.

I did drive to Phoenix to measure the 25WAB widths inside before purchase. It is also 30' from rear to front for the living area. 32' from rear to front of hitch ball. Don't know why they call it a 25. My 18EC was 20' and 24' from rear to front of hitch.

Jack
Old 02-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #45

Quote:
The Maverick Turbo is 64" wide. I bought the Maverick 1000X xc because it is 60" wide not 64" specifically to fit in the 25WAB. Same engine and horsepower with out the turbo. I may of been able to load the 64" turbo but it would have been very tight.

I did drive to Phoenix to measure the 25WAB widths inside before purchase. It is also 30' from rear to front for the living area. 32' from rear to front of hitch ball. Don't know why they call it a 25. My 18EC was 20' and 24' from rear to front of hitch.

Jack
I dont think that a 60" would even fit in mine up next to the fridge. the handles on the cabinets would get hit.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #46

Kelly at Bod Ledford's in Greer, SC and Forest River did right and are trading me out of it. No loss on the unit I bought originally. I am paying the price difference between the two units. I am not looking for anything more than that. Kelly went above and beyond for us in correcting this. I hope that the 30FBW will tow nice. She's even going to let me load the SxS and tow it on the highway and to a CAT scale before we do the final paperwork.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Kelly at Bod Ledford's in Greer, SC and Forest River did right and are trading me out of it. No loss on the unit I bought originally. I am paying the price difference between the two units. I am not looking for anything more than that. Kelly went above and beyond for us in correcting this. I hope that the 30FBW will tow nice. She's even going to let me load the SxS and tow it on the highway and to a CAT scale before we do the final paperwork.

My 30fbw tows straight as an arrow with 2 SxS. If it has the generator it has a crap load of tongue weight when empty.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0255.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	129539
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #48

Quote:
Glad it worked out for you.

Jack
Old 02-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #49

That's good to hear Adv. When you get it loaded up, would love to see a pic or know how far up you get the rear axle on the SxS relative to the axles on your new TH. Better yet, curious to hear how the Mini or any other track day cars haul.

I bought a 2014 30WLA (like link below) about 6 months ago with then intent of removing some cabinets and hauling my jeep in it. Haven't gotten that far yet. But, have a friend who just bought a '17 Z06 (god bless insane friends and mid-life crises) and we are intending on making some cross country trips to hit some different tracks on our bucket list.
http://www.usedrvsforsale.com/produc...0wla-608614-28

The Vette will have a weight of about 3600-700 lbs, with a 50/50 weight distribution. We expect to get the front wheels about centered between the 2 axles. My jeep is a little simpler with similar weight but shorter so I can get more weight forward.

anyhow, glad to hear you found a solution with taking a big ***** hit to your bottom line.
JrFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrFish View Post
That's good to hear Adv. When you get it loaded up, would love to see a pic or know how far up you get the rear axle on the SxS relative to the axles on your new TH. Better yet, curious to hear how the Mini or any other track day cars haul.

I bought a 2014 30WLA (like link below) about 6 months ago with then intent of removing some cabinets and hauling my jeep in it. Haven't gotten that far yet. But, have a friend who just bought a '17 Z06 (god bless insane friends and mid-life crises) and we are intending on making some cross country trips to hit some different tracks on our bucket list.
Used 2014 Forest River RV Work and Play 30WLA For Sale | #A22612A

The Vette will have a weight of about 3600-700 lbs, with a 50/50 weight distribution. We expect to get the front wheels about centered between the 2 axles. My jeep is a little simpler with similar weight but shorter so I can get more weight forward.

anyhow, glad to hear you found a solution with out taking a big ***** hit to your bottom line.

Towed it home Saturday and Sunday and what a deference. I dont feel like im going to die lol. When we got to the dealer they swapped over the WD hitch and we loaned the SxS and we took off for a test drive. Got it up to 85 mph and right away i knew my problems were solved. I even tried to force a sway to start to see how well it would fall back into place. It tucked right in without any pushing or wiggle. Now i wont be cruising at 85 but prob 65-75 depending on road conditions and traffic.

This time i pulled the SxS in forward and the rear tire lines up with the back of the TT wheel well and the front tires are in front of the front end of the wheel well. I have 100" of space from the back of the SxS to the ramp door and should fit at least 2 dirt bikes with no adverse affects.

I am mounting my Honda EU7000 gen in the front. This unit came gen prepped but for a cummins so i am building a pigtail to make the the honda remote start from the cummins switch location. all the needed parts are ordered and most will be here before the weekend.

Fish- the first thing you should do is get to the scales if you put a car in that model. not sure how its going to work out.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #51

Thanks for the pics and info. Yeah, I certainly will load it and weigh and test run it before planning on any long hauls.

Specifically why I bought this trailer is for it's cargo carrying capacity, and that is their primary marketing point in selling these products. There are many other TH brands out there which are much better appointed and better insulated than W&P if you don't need to haul 4k pounds. Anyone who says, 'sorry dude, that's on you (dumbass) for thinking you could load the cargo hold with the 75% of this trailer's very high carrying capacity,' is just being condescending b/c that's what you do on the internet. I will be supremely disappointed if that proves impossible.

What you have there is a totally different animal, and I specifically didn't get it because I wanted to luxury of a bedroom. Obviously with that minimalist design you can get weight well in front of the axles and most anywhere you want it. Best I'll be able to swing is 50% of weight on axles and 50% aft.

If it doesn't feel right when loaded, I'll try adding ballast on the front rack or anywhere else I can find very forward to leverage it best. And, I'll even gamble on upgrading to a high end WD hitch if need be. But as you said, 1st trip is to the scales and to crunch the numbers to see what kind of true TW I am getting.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for this thread, this has been very informative.
JrFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sway