Old 11-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #11

I notice that most of the pictures I see if the WRS does not have the dining table in place. I suspect this is to make it look bigger. I have been in a WRS and was thinking that if the table was there, there wou not be that much more room than a WR with dynette. BUT that said the garage could be used as a dinningroom between the two jack knife couches... Which is probably what I would do if I had a WRS.

For $8000...If I had it to do over again I would put my money in a winter package including dual payne windows, sealed underbelly and extra wall insulation.. I would also go for the buit in generator pkg. AND if offered larger battery bank, Wired for Satellite, and Solar. I would also include, which mine came with is 50 amp service and garage pre wired for AC.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #12

The dealer had both models to look at when we bought our WRS and the price, if I remember right was maybe, $2K more for the WRS. It wasn't even enough at the time to make it an issue.
In hind sight, and if I could order one at the same price point as the lot ones, which I know wouldn't be possible, you'd most likely have to pay MSRP to order one. I'd add 50 amp service with a second A/C. We end up keeping the sliding glass doors shut for we don't have to cool the garage to help the single A/C when it gets really hot outside.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
Fulltime family RVer

James, different camper but I found that I got a great deal on an ordered unit. I was able to shop 3-4 dealers for exactly apples to apples and made sure they all knew I was shopping others. I did the same with my truck.

In fact, ordering a camper is a great deal for the dealer- they're only on the hook for the cost of it while ordering it and then have a guaranteed sale. Their overhead on it is really low.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #14

My wife and I had a 2011 WR and the pantry is nice, however, when you have the slide out the kitchen is much nicer in the WRS. Something else to note is that the bathroom in the WR is very cramped and has no real cabinets to speak of. The WRS is much easier to sit on the potty and you still have a floor to roof cabinet. When we are camping we seldom eat inside, however, we can put the table up in the garage and eat. We too use it as a living room once we get to take the bikes out. I have run extra tv antenna outlets in the garage and we watch most tv there, however, if we have grandson the wrs is great as we have multiple places to watch tv. On other note, my wife just reminded me, I modified the sofa/bed mounts in the garage so that the couches move almost right against the wall where the glass door is. YOu can recline on the couches against the wall and watch tv on a table at the rear door. It is huge improvement. If you need I can get you pics from ours. It's not a lot of work and is great.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #15

That's awesome Scott. I'm still workin on the guy for the WRS but I'm sure people would love to see your handy work regardless.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #16

We just purchased a 30 WRS , ordered it the way we wanted it. 5.5 KW Onan ,electric young jack , 50 amp service , fuel station, dual fold down couch/beds in cargo area, cabinets in cargo area (dealer forgot to order)electric awning , pre wire 2nd AC. And I did not order any TV's or bed spread. Sourced those and saved a bunch.
We plan on using the cargo area for the dining room and not put a table up in living area. First trip next week going on a week long atv trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3865786915.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	42888   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1912534570.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	42889  
Old 11-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #17

Very nice, y'all got me chomping at the bit to get this done.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnl222 View Post
We just purchased a 30 WRS , ordered it the way we wanted it. 5.5 KW Onan ,electric young jack , 50 amp service , fuel station, dual fold down couch/beds in cargo area, cabinets in cargo area (dealer forgot to order)electric awning , pre wire 2nd AC. And I did not order any TV's or bed spread. Sourced those and saved a bunch.
We plan on using the cargo area for the dining room and not put a table up in living area. First trip next week going on a week long atv trip.
Very nice looking and sounds like you got what you wanted and needed. The part on the dealer forgot to order electric awnings, I think is a plus, I would take the manual pull down anytime. I never had a problem with awnings before. I like the flopper stoppers you can use with them and you have built in awning poles. The frame work is 2to 3x's heaver then the electric ones. As you can tell I'm not a fan of electrical awnings, miss my old pull down. Congrads on your new unit, hope you really enjoy it. Sounds like you will when you get to take your ATV with you when you want....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #19
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Very nice looking and sounds like you got what you wanted and needed. The part on the dealer forgot to order electric awnings, I think is a plus, I would take the manual pull down anytime. I never had a problem with awnings before. I like the flopper stoppers you can use with them and you have built in awning poles. The frame work is 2to 3x's heaver then the electric ones. As you can tell I'm not a fan of electrical awnings, miss my old pull down. Congrads on your new unit, hope you really enjoy it. Sounds like you will when you get to take your ATV with you when you want....
I've never had a manual awning, but there are definitely things with it that I'm jealous of when I drive through the campgrounds - most notably to be able to really pull it down low if the sun is low or for cleaning.

Plus, strength-wise, I had to add awning poles to not be terrified of leaving mine out.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #20

Well that deal fell thru but now gonna be making an offer on a wpt275 ulsbs. The ultra lite thing is really irrelevant since I drive an f350 dualie with bags, but what I wanna know is if they shave weight, does it affect the insulation capabilities. Finally got my wife to look at these in person and she likes this one so