Old 01-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #21

Looking at the 275ULSBS the difference in weight is about 600 lbs. Like you said with your truck no problem. I do like the booth dinette but having not seen on in person it does not look like you can access the kitchen and garage unless the slide is out? I think you will learn to hate the sideways bed. Reason we sold our 28BR. Wife hated making it and I hated climbing over to get out. The wash basin is in a strange place to me....BUT that said if the Wife likes it your are 90% there...

What was the deal breaker on the 30WRS?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #22

Local dealer didn't wanna price match RV Outlet in Va. And while I waited he sold the one on the lot. Yeah I dint like the bed position either, maybe I'll have to suck it up and road trip from Florida to Va. Thanks for your input sir.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #23

If you can make a road trip out of it and save some money it is worth it. When we purchased our first W&P 28BR we drove from Oregon to Iowa to get it. There were no W&P dealers in the Pacific Northwest. A year later we found the 30WR in Fort Worth TX. Again we loaded up the truck, put the Harley in a Uhaul and headed for TX. Took us 3 days to get there and 30 days to get home... Good shake down LOL... Now there are several dealers here in Oregon and Washington but they are asking a premium for them. For example a 275ULSBS would go for close to 40K and a 30WRS for a little over 40K.. Makes me think I got a really good deal for driving to TX..

If you were to do this I would make sure the deal is done ON PAPER before you make the trip so there are no surprises. And make sure their are no registration or tax issues in the state where you live when you bring the W&P back into your state to be licensed..
Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #24

Wow you ain't kiddin that's a premium, but y'all got some tasty coffee beverages 8)
Old 01-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #25

LOL... You got that right. At $5 for a cup at SB's or .37 for senior coffee at McyD's guess which one I get.

Are you on the east coast? With the cold snap they are getting I would get any extra insulation pkg I could get.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #26

It's a little chilly in Florida last few days but it don't last long and my wife has no interest in camping in the summer down here either so insulation isn't the holy grail I reckon 8)
Old 01-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #27

No, but I would look into two AC's...

I thought you might like to look at a few of the mods I have done to my 30WR
Mods and Tweaks for 30WR Work and Play #1

Ramp Deck Support

30WR Double Step Install

How to Install a 2nd RV Air Conditioner Unit in a Work and Play 30WR

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???
Old 01-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #28

Thanks, I'll keep these in mind
Old 03-01-2014, 05:27 AM   #29

No 30WR or 30WRS but I got a 275ULSBS instead. Not real keen in the master beds position but it's my first toy hauler so we'll see.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblack22 View Post
Local dealer didn't wanna price match RV Outlet in Va. And while I waited he sold the one on the lot. Yeah I dint like the bed position either, maybe I'll have to suck it up and road trip from Florida to Va. Thanks for your input sir.
I have bought 3 trailers from RVOUTLET, They will not offer the 2nd year warrenty, so bring it up. They are a very good dealer, and do a great PDI. They will go the extra mile for you to make sure you are happy. I have never had a problem with them. Recommend them highly. Is Rossi your sales man? If you have not picked one yet get him. They do it all great service dept on top of it, service managers name BJ and knows every trailer like the back of his hand. Plan on atleast 3 to 4 hrs the day you go pick it up. It will be spotless when you get it and everything will be working and running when you get their. These guys move a 100 units a month. If you can do your walk through during the week it will be better, most PDI are done on Saturday very busy day there.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote