Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #1

30WR vs 30WRS

If you can get a 30WR for $25,000 or a 30WRS for $33,000 which would you buy? I don't think the slide out is worth an extra $8,000 and besides its heavier. But I'm looking for comments or confirmation.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

It looks like the hitch weight doesn't change a whole lot between the two. Makes sense because the slide would be right about over the axle (guessing).

Lots of opinions on slides- but most who have them love the extra space that they give. It looks like that setup may partially block the fridge when your slide is in and you're traveling. It's hard to tell what kind of room is around the slide when it's in from the floorplan. If that is important to you, it's something to checkout, at least. My fridge isn't accessible unless I put the slide out about 12-18" and it has ended up annoying me more than I expected. But everyone is different and it may not be a problem for you; another thread here on FRF had people mentioning that they couldn't get to theirs and they didn't mind.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #3

My first trailer had no slides. My new trailer has two and they are wonderful. In my opinion the extra living space you get is well worth the additional weight of the trailer.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #4

Thank you both, gonna make an offer on the 30WRS
Old 11-12-2013, 03:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblack22 View Post
Thank you both, gonna make an offer on the 30WRS
Good luck on your offer. Once you had a slide you will never go back. Smartest thing RV manufactures ever did. Get a slide topper thrown in also you won't be sorry............
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #6

Yes but he was asking a comparison between the WR and the WRS which only comes with one slide and a small slide to boot 18"? The WRS had to remove the large Pantry cabinet and TV Platform that is in the WR to make room for the slideout and replaced the dinette with a couch and portable table. It would seem like a pain to me to have to put the table up and down when towing, plus I think you will loose alot of the room you gained with the slide when the table is in place. We really load up the Pantry with all the food and stores. I don't know where you would put that stuff if you did not have a Pantry. I am not sure if I like the TV location on the WRS but then there are limited places to put it.

My WR has two couches in the garage and a large portable table. I put a TV in there and a carpet on the floor and use it for a more laid back livingroom and dining room when the bike is out.

I am not trying to talk you out of a WRS but thought I would point out some of the differences.
Good luck on your choice.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #7

Now there's the kind of feed back I can use
Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #8

I have a 2012 WRS and YES, the refrigerator is easily accessible with the slide in.
We preferred the WRS floor plan because if I remember, the bathroom layout was a little bigger, of course the kitchen area is a lot bigger, and we like the glass sliding door separating the garage area, allowing us just to cool or heat the front of the trailer but not making the trailer feel closterfobic.
Our grown son slept in the garage area with my Electra Glide with the glass door shut while we were visiting with him at one of his military schools for three weeks, he'd watching the big TV that's in the kitchen area with the garage area speakers only on. We'd sleep in quiet while he watched late night TV. The glass doors kept the noise from the TV in the garage.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #9

Hahaha now I'm leaning back towards the WRS, drives my wife insane
Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblack22 View Post
Hahaha now I'm leaning back towards the WRS, drives my wife insane
Truth be told, if you can find somewhere that has both of them. Have a sales man let you in and then send him away. Sit on the sofa, pretend to cook, pretend to use the potty & shower, and all that jazz. Really spend a good hour or so in them like you were camping. You'll feel nutty acting everything out- but it'll give you a feel for what works and what doesn't work.

If you really want to feel nutty- at RV shows, sit down on the toilet like you were really doing your business. The other RV show attendees are never quite sure what to do when they open the door and there I am, playing with my phone on the throne.