Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #1

Am I still welcome here?

Although I don't often post here, I have read this forum a minimum of twice a day since buying my Forest River Work and Play in February 2012. I enjoy and learn something new from this site and it's members each day.

While camping last Sunday, I woke up and decided we "needed" a 27 foot camper with a slide and a separate garage that my F150 could comfortably tow. We found the only two fitting our need was Forest River Hyperlite 276 XLR and the Cruizer RV Fun Finder XT 276. We liked both but the Fun Finder won out and is now sitting in my yard. The personalization has already begun.

Now to my question: I am no longer a Forest River product owner. I don't want to leave this forum. Will I be voted off the island for buying a competing RV brand?
Old 04-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #2

Nope,you are welcome here (FRF) but you just shot your chance to go to the (FROG Rallys)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #3

It is not up to me, but I have no problem with you staying. RV problems and suggestions aren't common to just one brand.
rburns4147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #4
Site Team

No. You can stay but your dues will go up. Just mail $29.99 each month (plus shipping and handling) to . . .lol

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Now to my question: I am no longer a Forest River product owner. I don't want to leave this forum. Will I be voted off the island for buying a competing RV brand?
Of course you are welcome to stay !! We have many members like you who moved on to other makes. As a site team member, you can be assured that you won't be voted off the island !!

Congratulations on your new camper !!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #6

There are several Members here that have (SOBs)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #7

Cruizer RV huh? What did it have to win over FR. .
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #8

You're welcome to stay as long as you want. Like youroo said, several members own some other brands.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #9

You are still very welcome here. You just aren't perfect anymore.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #10
Camper Less Camping

Of course you can stay around...everybody needs that crazy friend that doesn't listen to your good advice! LOL

Happy Camping with the new rig

Old 04-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #11
Site Team

Of course you are still welcome here.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
No. You can stay but your dues will go up. Just mail $29.99 each month (plus shipping and handling) to . . .lol

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

.....each one of us for the rest of your life. And you can order FR stickers to put on your new ride.

I would like to know what made you jump over the fence. What was it that was better on the Cruzer?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:38 AM   #13

"I would like to know what made you jump over the fence. What was it that was better on the Cruzer?"

First off, thank you all for allowing me to stay on the forum even though I "jumped over the fence". I just don't know what I would do with all my free time if I wasn't reading this forum each day

The Hyperlite 276 XLR and the Fun Finder XT 276 layout was almost identical, almost like from the same sheet. I can't say one was better than the other but there were some minor differences that my eagle eyed wife picked up on that were important to her.

The wall separating the bedroom area was longer on the Hyperlite. This meant we would have to climb into the bed from the foot end rather than the side. My wife is only 5 foot and this was an issue for her.

She also said there was less space between the toilet and the shower in the Hyperlite. I did not see it but who am I to argue?

The "Happy Jack" garage bed in the Fun Finder came with the bed that can turn into two couches. I liked that better.

The fun finder had a slightly lower tongue and overall weight which was a consideration since I am pulling with a F150 (which pulled and handled surprisingly well).

I liked both the Hyperlite and the Fun Finder and would have been happy with either. Forrest River treated me fair when I had problems with my Work and Play and I think highly of the company. The Fun Finder had just a few differences that leaned in their favor.

Also, the local dealer, Campers Inn in Leesburg, Florida treated us really well. I don't know if I got the best deal but they made everything so easy and there were no surprises. I got to know everyone at the dealership and really got the feeling they would help take care of me when I have a problem. I did not get that feeling from the mega store in Tampa which sells the Hyperlite.

So the bottom line really is that DW liked the Fun finder. And as we all know, if DW is happy, we get that one.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #14

DW and I went to the Bloomsburg RV "show" in February (I use quotes because it's really just Susquehanna RV's off-site event, not really a show, but I digress.) We looked at a Fun Finder TH as well, I think it was in the 31' range. Nice unit, lots of nice standard features, and one of the lightest THs that I could find in a bumper pull in that size. We were sorely tempted! But then I found the XLR Hyper Lite 30 hfs5, which is also light for a 5-er (which I wasn't previously looking at,) and DW really liked the floor plan. The Fun Finder was right in the mix, though. Good luck with the new unit!
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote