Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #11

I get to load the dog this time as we are headed to judge a bbq competition in Georgia. I will be loading my Harley in May to head to Laconia NH for 3 weeks,,,note to self, mount condor wheel chock.

Also headed for Sturgis in August again, haven't missed it since 97. And living in Daytona, usually make bike week here also lol.

The door between the garage and the living quarters is an aluminum radius corner door in an aluminum frame that has a rubber seal and frame around the entire door so no vapors can get from the items in the garage into the living quarters. The factory rep told me that it was available as it was a Canadian standard. Not sure, was your trailer built to Canadian spec or was it a US trailer that was brought in?? I saw when I did my order one of the options was a CSA?? not sure on the exact letters now, but when asking what that $385 option was I found out it was the certification for Canadian manufacture, I did not need that option lol.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Bass Player

My trailer was purchased in Bangor so doesn't have that option , will have to watch for it when i order.
I was in Daytona 2 years ago for Biketoberfest, was a great time, Was in Laconia last year but in August, great biking in that area. Really want to get to Sturgis, long haul; from here so gonna wait till i retire in 2 years.
Enjoy the first trip in the new trailer.

2008 Harley Heritage Classic
Sydney , NS, Canada
garychew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #13

Thunder would like to see pictures of your new trailer when you take them. I have never heard of the vapor door. I only run one Harley in the back and I don't get any vapors. Sometimes if I run it hot I will get that smell but Harley are suposed to smell arnt they?

I don't usually go into Sturgis when all the humanity is there but I do camp outside Jackson Hole Wy for for about 6 weeks during that time.. I get to see all the bikes come and go through this area (Grand Tetons/Yellowstone) it's just like being at sturgis.....but not......

I would recommend that you order your 30WR with a AC ready in the garage. This will give you the option of adding a second AC much easier. And your Rig would come with a 50 amp converter instead of 30amp.

I know Gary you have been on it but you new or going to be new Work and Play owners should check out the thread at work and play trailers ?

Lots of good advise and ideas.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
Bass Player

Thanks, my existing trailer is a Work and Play, very well build and has been a great trailer but the beds are in the back so the bike had to be out to use them. It has a queen and a set of bunk beds. Gonna enjoy the front bedroom. Still mulling over the black, my dealer told me $3,000 more to order a white due to the shift in the U.S. dollar and 8-10 weeks delivery. I have been told that liquid glass polish is great with fiberglas to prevent fading. The black trailer is here in inventory, damn i hate decisions like this.
2008 Harley Heritage Classic
Sydney , NS, Canada
garychew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #15

Will you have to option to park your W&P under cover of some type? If so I think the black would be fine.

You should send Viper a private message and ask him how his Black 30WR is doing. Unfortunatley its n for repair because a tree fell on it..

What kind of price are they telling you for black vs white?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #16

1243, I had my trailer done with 50 amp service, it is real cheap to do the upgrade at the time of manufacture, I think it was $185 to upgrade to 50 amp, I ordered it in Nov so those figures are a little cloudy but I have them on file. I also did the 10 gallon water heater, cabinets in the garage, flourescent lighting in the garage etc. I moved my air unit back about 3 feet and put a fantastic fan where the air would normally be by the stove etc. Lots of cool little things. 15 tie downs in the garage,,,yes 15 lol. The reason I did the vapor door and all the tie downs is that we also use the trailer about 6 times a year for bbq competition so I load my smokers in , and I have a support for the rear gate to hold it level and I can roll them out onto the gate and smoke all night and the next day with no worries of the smoke blowing into the trailer. I also did the dove tail frame and the aluminum flip downs on the ramps over the crack from the rear gate to the trailer as well as from the gate to the ground. Lots of cool stuff,, I Love it. I will try to get good pics this weekend.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #17

BBQ Chef huh? Ok, you can camp next to me.....

I put the fantastic fan in the bedroom and a Vortex van in the bathroom.

15 tie downs is a lot.... You can't have too many tie down points. I went with the E Track..

The cabinets in the garage is nice I would have ran them down both sides if I had my choice.

I never thought about a 10 gallon hot water heat. I guess that will come in handy with all the BBQING...... I would have added a extra gray tank for just the shower as well... Maybe I will have them build the next one.....
Old 03-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #18

That is the only reason we put the 10 gallon hot water heater in, cleaning up uses lots of hot water. With the 110 gallons of fresh water holding it will be nice. The cabinets in the garage do run down both walls. I deleted the couch/beds in the garage also.

I had seperate wiring put in for satellite tv with wiring to all tv's and the reciever in the bedroom. just unhook the coax from the antenna jacks at the tvs and move it to the ones marked satellite and all 3 tv's have satellite. I did not put a tv in the garage but the wiring is in place.

I also did the all season package which has dual pane windows, heated tanks, insulated sidewalls and the entire under trailer area is sprayed and sealed with foam insulation. We live in Florida and do mostly hot weather traveling but that insulation is as good against heat as it is cold.

I also had the generator wiring run to the front generator rack with an auto transfer switch, even though I am running a portable generator it is hard wired in , so I just have a short pigtail that plugs into the generator straight to the panel with auto switch.

I also had 2 batteries put in at the factory, they followed all my wiring diagrams I sent them and ran the pos to one battery and neg to the other so that they have an equal charge and discharge to both batteries.

I had them build a small corner cabinet with a counter top just inside the door that goes to the back of the dinette. they eliminated that in 2013 when they increased the bath size, I had the make it smaller but still put it there.

I deleted the rear load light, we put a canopy back there when we cook so it would have been blocked, plus they just always look like an after thought and are crooked to me, I will use wall mounted lighting and wall mounted fans in the garage, the outlets in the garage are on 2 dedicated circuits, I had extra due to the 50 amp upgrade.

I chose the black and red graphics from the ultra light work and play, it looks real sharp and gets lots of comments, no graphics over the windows or any other piece such as water heater , fridge etc as they usually f
do. The only place it goes over is a small bit of the door window so it looks right.

The plant manager for work and play is great to work with. His name is Lawton and he really cares about what is going on and how things could be better. He has actually called me personally a couple times to see how things are with the trailer and ask about the assembly to make sure it was right. That was one advantage of picking it up there, got to meet everyone so it became a much more personal experience. He came from a large coach builder after retiring and finding out he still wanted to work he landed running work and play so he is very conscious of quality assembly.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #19

You basically have a custom made trailer. I did not even know that half those options were available and I have had two Work and Plays. My first was a 2006 28BR.

I would really like to see some pictures of the sealed underbelly of your rig. I am going to do that on my own since mine did not come with the winter package.

I wired Satellite to my 30WR. I have sat/ant/cable for the TV in the living area and the garage (which I added). The bedroom is just Park cable and antenna.

Did you get your garage pre wired for AC as well? I added a second AC in the garage and it was great that it was prewired. The main AC is 15k and the garage is AC is 11k.

I also run a portable generator and use the generator rack on the front to mount my Delta storage box and four deep cycle batteries.

Looking forward to seeing the pics...
Old 03-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #20

The wire for the garage ac is in place, I cant see that I ever will use it though, it was part of the 50 amp upgrade so oh well. I think with the added insulation and the windows it will be good, we have not had 2 ac's on any of our last 11 trailers so I can't see it on this one either.

There are alot of options and even more that we don't know about, which to me is crazy but if you ask you can get it. The dealers dont even know about them. I was lucky and the area sales rep and I met and he really knew what was available and had me write a "spec" sheet and then wrote the order. I got everything i had on the sheet. The dealer was basically useless, I made out my own order form lol. The dealer told me 20 times they won't do that and when they called it was always "no problem".

Deleting things are no issue, and you will get credit back. We deleted the mattress as we always put memory foam in, they credited the mattress back to us.

I pulled my generator rack off, made all of my mounts etc and welded them in. My generator was modified to use a 12 gallon auxillary fuel tank so I have that mounted behind the propane tanks by the batteries and then the generator will set on the other end. I will mount the generator this weekend, did the fuel tank and batteries today.

They are making some nice upgrades themselves also. I inquired about a porcelain taller stool, they were in the changeover process when I inquired and they all have the 18" seat height porcelain stools, very nice item and they are standard now.

I got the power awning and they have the led light strip under the awning instead of the wall mount door light as standard if you get the power awning. nice upgrade for the money. All of the exterior lights, marker, tail etc are all led.

They even welded metal plates to all of the frame crossmembers and every bolt in the 15 tie downs goes into a metal plate, also upgraded the tie downs to ,, I think they are 5k pounds each, I think standard is 1k, upgrade is 2.5k and super duty this guy is crazy is 5k lol,,,that is what they put in for me lol.

I Love "MY" trailer