Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #1

Bedroom sliding Door

Have had trouble with sliding door since purchase. Keeps coming off track. 25WAB--need new track and lower guide. Will call the factory to get parts. Track had been damaged before pickup during delivery to dealer.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #2

Mine uses to comes off track, I put straps holding it open while traveling. Works great.
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #3

I have a strap that I fasten also but this seems to come off on occasion. Going to try a new undamaged track to see if this helps. Also installing a new guide at the bottom.

Just bought a new 2017 Ford F250 Diesel King Ranch to tow with. Previous W&P was an 18 EC and the F150 Ecco Boost was fine. New 25 WAB is much heavier and the mountain passes was stretching it. Leaving for Utah on the 11th for the National BMW MOA motorcycle Rally. New truck should do great.

Jack
Old 07-04-2017, 07:16 AM   #4

You definitely will not have any problems with the F250 and 25 WAB.
You will enjoy driving your new rig.
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Style View Post
You definitely will not have any problems with the F250 and 25 WAB.
You will enjoy driving your new rig.
Thanks.The only painful part is paying for it. In 1965 you could have bought three new homes for that price! Of course I had to have the Diesel and King Ranch. I do love this truck. You would hardly know it is a Diesel, it is very queit and no Diesel smoke!

Jack
Old 07-08-2017, 08:10 AM   #6

Jack- are you talking about the plastic guide near the floor right where the door frame is? Where did you get it? Or did you go with something a bit more sturdy? The plastic strap on mine broke also, but I've found that on Amazon. Thanks.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGal3 View Post
Jack- are you talking about the plastic guide near the floor right where the door frame is? Where did you get it? Or did you go with something a bit more sturdy? The plastic strap on mine broke also, but I've found that on Amazon. Thanks.
[SIZE="4"]The door track (guide on top) was bent and damaged on delivery to the dealer. It was then bent back into the original shape by the dealer. The door evidently broke off during delivery and was lying on the bed. The small plastic guard at the bottom has been damaged also.

Chas Hood with FR sent me a new track and the door hangers but not the guide at the bottom. The new track is much sturdier and should work fine. This should prevent it from coming off the track and a new bottom guide will keep it snug during travel.

Jack/SIZE]

Tags
bed, door, roo