Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #1

Black Work 'n Play Fading Issue

I hope someone out there can give some help/advice. We have a 2006 Work 'n Play. We absolutely love it, ordered it to our specs. We wanted black with brightsides. It always gets tons of compliments! Yes, we know, it does make it hotter due to the black, but that's okay, it has a great ac!!!

We wax it twice a year. Problem is that the front of the trailer is faded/oxidized and we cannot seem to find any product that will stop/reverse the fading/oxidization process. We've tried many products and many means of applying those products, by hand, by machine, etc. Nothing really seems to work.

We were looking at Meguiar's Oxidation Remover #49 to see if that would do it. Anyone out there have any suggestions, ideas, had the same issue? We have spent hours and to no avail. Please, help!!
nickschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #2

I just used Meguiars RV/Marine compound #67. It's for moderate to heavy oxidation. It brought new life into my camper and graphics. It's nothing short of a miracle.
multiple_sarcasms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #3

We have tried Meguiar's #49 with some result. We will definitely try the #67 after your information. Haven't seen it in our area, but I am sure I can order it online. Thanks for your response!!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #4

Faded Work and Play

We have a 2003 black Work and Play and it is also faded and I have tried everything to try and remove oxidation but no luck. Funny thing is the side door on our rig is as shiny as the day we got it but every where else on the trailer is faded. Are they coated with 2 different materials? Please let me know if you find something that works on oxidation Thanks Jack
railstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #5

Try a marine store, the boating industry has been dealing with this on boats for years, I like the 3M products. Boaters deal with this problem all the time.
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #6

We have not yet tried the Meguiar's #67. As I stated previously, the #49 helped, with lots and lots of elbow grease! We need to try the #67 now and see if it will go ahead and finish removing the oxidation. Not sure about the coating, but if there is a different coating on your door, that's what they should have put on the entire trailer!!! Then, evidently, waxing would have been sufficient!!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #7

Will try local boat dealer Thanks Jack
railstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #8

helpful thread..... I will be giving Meguiar's a try as well.....
Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #9

Brake cleaner I've been told does a dandy job
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #10

My 2012 320rlt is going to the dealer next week....second time I'v had it in, last time was less than two months ago. At first I thought it was white runoff from the roof but I could not get it off. Faded quite bad.
I noticed it again this week when I washed the "love bugs" off and the white "fade" was back...hope they figure it out.
USN Retired..
ETCMRet is offline   Reply With Quote