Old 10-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #11

Every thing is going to require a little maint. Ive had some screws back out or loosen up, fuel pump for gen quit (twice) but other wise have many nights ( I dont keep track) boon docking at race tracks and many nights with full hook ups camping with very little issues. 45000 miles of towing with no worries, I will take it anywhere (I can fit). I think if you take care of it it will take care of you IMO. But, mine has been very solid and reliable.

JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #12

Thanks for all the input everyone. Verbally told him I'd take it and will make a road trip up to get it next week. Inspection report looks fine. Only issues are cosmetic, overall well kept and undamaged per the inspector. I have had those guys miss some minor things on vehicles I've purchased in the past, but we'll just assume this guy did a GREAT job and everything is perfect, unless noted.

2 questions ya'll may have answers to:
-Sun fade on red paint. Specifically rear door and around it. Also, some small paint bubbling on nose cone. Will these things buff and gloss up like a regular auto finish? DIY self project? or is it more complicated than that?

-What kind of hitch are you guys using to pull this thing. That crazy tongue weight puts it at upper limit of a class V hitch on my truck. What should I be looking for in terms of hitch and stabilizer package to pull this thing with a 3/4 ton??

thanks again for the input....excited...weather is getting perfect.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:05 AM   #13

Quote:
What kind of hitch are you guys using to pull this thing. That crazy tongue weight puts it at upper limit of a class V hitch on my truck. What should I be looking for in terms of hitch and stabilizer package to pull this thing with a 3/4 ton??

I'd look at the Equil-i-Zer 4 point hitch. It offers both weight distribution and sway control. The fact that you will be placing a lot of weight in the rear of the trailer will help with the tongue weight. I have been able to move my trike around just enough so that I get the same measurements with the trailer as I do with out(the WD hitch is doing allot of the work).

I tow with an F250. I am always glad to have the truck when I am towing my 25CB. Going to a 3/4 from a 1/2 wasn't an easy choice for me, but once I did it I wasn't sorry.

2015 W&P 25CB/ 2011 F250 6.7L Diesel
2015 HD FLRT/2009 HD XL1200L

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #14

I tow with an F250 diesel. I use a Reese 1700/17k WD hitch with the dual cam sway control. It's a beefy hitch, but as you know, the tongue weight on these things is crazy high, especially when unloaded. I wasn't worried about total weight, it's the tongue weight. I went one step above so I wasn't right at the max rating of the hitch. Make sure to use a true 2.5" shank and not the 2" sleeve .
Old 10-09-2016, 06:22 PM   #15

So, when I look at specs which say it's got a GVWR/TW of 13,322/1,322, is that TW a max loaded value?

What do we do we think is the max Real World TW I will see? I realize it depends on how it's loaded, but I should expect TW to be at it's heaviest when it doesn't have toys loaded huh?

Sorry for the 1MM questions, but I'm ready to go get this thing and realize that I need to purchase a better hitch in the next couple days. And the couple places I've gone into, have reps about as knowledgeable as your local new car salesman....ie. not very.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #16

Also, they make 14k/1.4k set ups that use a 2" shank like my current receiver has. Do we think the 2.5" is totally necessary? Or just adding some peace of mind?

Like this one from Reese
Reese SC Weight Distribution w Sway Control - Trunnion - 15,000 lbs GTW, 1,500 lbs TW Reese Weight Distribution RP66157
Old 10-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #17

We pull a 30WRS with a F350 crew cab truck. We have had no problems and we run the trailer heavy most of the time. This is the hitch that we use.
https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...e/RP66130.html
Old 10-18-2016, 12:43 AM   #18

Thanks for the input all. For better or worse, I bought it last week and brought it home.

I have a 3 or 4 things I dream of adding to it, and you will likely soon be asked for advice on each of them. But in the meantime, is there a link or list you recommend to cover all the maintenance items I need to check, specifically moisture related? Unit seems very well taken care of, but it's spent its short life uncovered out in the sun. Roof sealant looks original and ready for a redo. I will need to thoroughly go over it.

Only thing of concern is a very slight but visible seam swell, vertically under driver side bedroom window. This is above hole cut in for the spare tire winch access, and I think it has wicked from that access point based on the condition of the visible plywood on inside bottom. Any input on how to prevent this from deteriorating further would be really appreciated. Obviously, sealing the snot out of that bottom exposed wood is step 1.

Thanks again. Hope to be a productive member of your little club here.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:16 AM   #19

Hope you enjoy your W&P as much as we enjoy ours!

Post up some pictures of it when you get the chance.

2015 W&P 25CB/ 2011 F250 6.7L Diesel
2015 HD FLRT/2009 HD XL1200L

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags