Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 01:41 PM   #1

Doors open or closed

Got our hitch all set up yesterday & pulled the 30wrs around several miles making sure all was good. I had shut the bathroom door & sliding glass door to gatage area. After returning home, both were open again.
Is there that much movement/flex in eveything ... So how should we put them open or closed while rolling?
MSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #2

Drove 5-1/2 hours coming home from the dealer - over a mountain pass, lots of curves, mostly 2 lane road, bumpy dirt road coming up to my property. Both doors were latched when we left, and both were latched
when we arrived home. Just checked them now and when latched you
can't budge them. Does your unit have latches?
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #3

When we had our 30WRS, no problems with the bathroom door. But the dealer had pre-warned me about the garage door. Nothing we tried would ever keep it shut on trips.

That is until I got a wooden rod almost as long as the gap between the sliding glass door and the wall. I used the rod down there all the time on trips and that took care of the problem. The latch system would never hold by itself during travel.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:09 AM   #4

As KFX450 mentioned, I use a dowel rod on sliding door.The latch adjuster on door frame would never stay where I adjusted it to, no matter how tight I got the screws in the plate. Dowel rod works just fine. Never had an issue with shower doors in 45k miles. I would use a dowel rod even if the latch worked. After installing wireless camera to keep an eye on my bikes, its amazing how that glass door slams from one side to the other during turns and in travel.
JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #5

In regards to "Things" moving in a TT or 5 Wh just go to a W/M parking lot and go into the unit,now let someone just drive around the Parking Lot and over the Speed bumps at Low speeds! You will have Better Insight as to what and how to Secure things! Youroo!!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:03 AM   #6

They flex and move a lot. My bathroom door will normally stay closed but forget about the slider. I used a 2x4 for awhile but now one of those cheapy bay locks that swings down into a catch on the moveable panel works great I usually cringe going down the highway after a big bump cause I know the hauler s bending all over the place
Blktegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door