Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #1

Drilling Holes in Garage

I have a new WPF 38RL and I need to drill holes in the garage for tie downs. Where I need to place them is over the fresh water tank. How do I go about lowering the tank to get access and prevent any damage to the tank? Also, is there enough room over the tank for a large washer, lock washer and a 7/16" nut?
jcb52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #2

Why don't you use e-track ans screw it down? It done all the time.Or bolt it where you can and screw down the rest. A lot of trailer place do that. It will also give you alot of tiedown area
2001 H-D Dyna
Honda 2000i
Champion gen 4000
buccello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

My 18LT Work and Play has a 3/4 inc solid plywood floor. My tanks were not in the way when I installed tie-downs. Not much help, but will maybe tell you about the floor you have to drill through. As for lowering the tank, mine, as most, are held by straps. Just remove the straps, and gently lower, watching sensor wires and water hoses. Use a board on a floor jack to help steady things. Good luck. You'll have to check bolt clearance when you re-install.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #4

Tie Downs

I have no idea why a Toy Hauler like the Work and Play does not have tie downs when purchased. I talked to my dealer and they said they could install them for me, I took the trailer in and was told it would be 460.00 to install. I was shocked and said no, I will do it myself, now... what to do. Any Idea of where it is safe to drill holes and not hit a wire or hose, pipe ect? Will these holes to put tie downs void a warranty? Cause leaks or a place for water to damage the plywood? I have tried calling Forest River, there does not seem to be a person to talk to. Help, I want to take my motorcycle with me when I go out this weekend.
gordonaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

Just recieved a call from Dwayne, a customer service rep at Forest River, a very helpful man. He explained where to locate the place to install the rings, and is sending them. He also told me that starting soon they will be standard on the Work and Play. Great Job Forest River.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Villa Estate 392FLFB

good to hear it worked out! I do recommend that E-track stuff though! very useful!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #7

I'm in the same boat. I just picked up a 38SB to haul my car, and no d-rings or etrack to speak of. I was somewhat shocked to not see any in there.

How can I get ahold of this Dwayne person?
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #8

I called Forest River, asked for Customer Service, they asked me what kind of unit and I told them, they then transfered me to his phone. From my experience Forest River seemed to be a lot more heplful then my dealer was.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #9

I can't even find contact information for them. Ever time I email Forest River they keep telling me I have to call "work and play" specifically.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #10

Try 574-642-2640 to contact forest River.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work and play