Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #1

Furnace question

I know it's late in the season but I have been thinking about this. The propane heater / furnace in my 2011 W&P 25 ULA, has never really worked well. I live in Florida, so my electric portable heater has been fine. (And free to run). I did notice when I bought the rig there was not a heater vent in the bedroom, so I had the dealer add one in. Maybe they screwed something up......

Never cared too much because of the cost of propane, but just curious........
Does any else have a problem with theirs ??????
Foneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #2

Yes, I have the 25ULA as well and do not have a vent in the bedroom. It doesn't bother me too much, but it seems like it should. I wonder if this is because the return and fan are under the bed?

I've slept in mine down to the teens and stayed warm enough, but I cheat. I sleep under a blanket, comforter, and when cold unzip a sleeping bag as an extra layer.

I also have an electric heater that throws a LOT of heat for a small unit. I sit it on a glass cutting board on top of the 3 burner and point it toward the front bedroom. It makes a pretty big impact. I have seen that some campgrounds will not allow the use of electric heaters - not sure if that is due to energy usage, or safety? With tip-over switch, they seem safe to me. Like anything with a burner though, they suck electricity.

During hunting season I was in the TH for a week with lows in the teens and highs in the 20s and stayed comfortable inside. I did run through a bit of propane though, but not sure exactly how longs the tanks would last cuz I usually get them filled before they run empty.
1971 LeMans Sprint Convertible
2010 ZG1400 Concours
Dalroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #3

Assuming you have a ducted furnace, I would start at the furnace and try and trace all the ducting to their vents. Check and see if any of the ducting is collapsed. Bends and curves will cut the efficency. Depending on the furnace adding an additional leg to the bedroom could reduce overall output.. check the work the dealer did by adding the additional vent
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #4

Do you have a screen on the outside, mud diver and wasp make nest inside the blower this will be bad for good heat.
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPRam View Post
Do you have a screen on the outside, mud diver and wasp make nest inside the blower this will be bad for good heat.
The furnace manufacturers say not to use them with those screens on.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #6

Yea well I just bought a used camper and the furnace is clogged with wasp nest and mud diver nest because the previous owner did not put a screen on it now I have to pull the unit completely put and clean it.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #7

On one of my other campers I sent the furnace to a repair man he had to change the mother board also, check the air intake on the out side see if it is pulling in as much air as it is putting out