Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #1

Garage Flooring

What is the standard floor covering material on the garage floor. Does it hold up well to gasoline drips? Is it easy to clean? Are there any optional flooring materials that are better?
x90rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
Incheon, S. Korea

What do you want?
Shiny? Non-skid? Color? Where are you putting it?
It's easy to put a coating down-getting it to stay down is the tricky part.
Do you have pics of the area and an idea of what you want?
I used to be a commercial waterproofing contractor in Los Angeles, so hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. It's literally painting the floor with three or four coats. The surface preparation is the tough part.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by x90rider View Post
What is the standard floor covering material on the garage floor. Does it hold up well to gasoline drips? Is it easy to clean? Are there any optional flooring materials that are better?

There really is no "standard" garage flooring. As stated above, it depends on what you're looking for in a covering for the cement!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #4

I picked up some rubber mats at Menards (our local hardware store) and put it down where I park. They are a little expensive but I really like them. They fit together like puzzle pieces and you can trim them to size.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #5

All of the trailers that I have seen have a light gray textured floor in the garage area. Is this the standard floor? What options does the factory offer for flooring in the garage?
Old 07-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #6

Are you looking at trailers with a dedicated garage? The smaller Toy Haulers that don't have dedicated space for the garage all have the same flooring that the rest of the trailer has. I'm figuring the floor is the first thing they put in before anything else.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Are you looking at trailers with a dedicated garage? The smaller Toy Haulers that don't have dedicated space for the garage all have the same flooring that the rest of the trailer has. I'm figuring the floor is the first thing they put in before anything else.
Yes, a dedicated garage.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #8
Incheon, S. Korea

It is usually an epoxy paint with fine sand (#60) sprinkled in the top coat.
What is on the surface now?
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #9

There is a video showing how they build a toy hauler.
HarrynSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #10

Coin floor is installed in a lot of toyhaulers,Comes in a few different colors and stands up well to gas,oil,dirt ,Always cleans up.
Mantisfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by x90rider View Post
All of the trailers that I have seen have a light gray textured floor in the garage area.

This is what my 40RLS has. Although, it is difficult to clean, it seems very durable. Sweeping it dosent work, so have to use shop vac. Im going to try a small cheap electric leaf blower and just blow dirt/dust out the back. I will say.... it is tough on bare feet !

My fuel injected mx bikes do not drip gas. The 2 carbureted bikes drip a little. I either shut the fuel off and run the bowl almost out of fuel, before loading and or a piece of card board under them for travel.

I put a rag under the Yamaha, the little green one had a small oil leak that I just discovered before loading so it got a large piece of card board.

JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:41 AM   #12

Thank you everyone for all of your responses and input. Now we have more ideas and options to consider for flooring.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:05 AM   #13

The garage in our Puma Unleashed is a black diamond plate hard rubber looking material. So far oil drips clean up easily.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMINIS View Post
This is what my 40RLS has. Although, it is difficult to clean, it seems very durable. Sweeping it dosent work, so have to use shop vac. Im going to try a small cheap electric leaf blower and just blow dirt/dust out the back. I will say.... it is tough on bare feet !

My fuel injected mx bikes do not drip gas. The 2 carbureted bikes drip a little. I either shut the fuel off and run the bowl almost out of fuel, before loading and or a piece of card board under them for travel.

I put a rag under the Yamaha, the little green one had a small oil leak that I just discovered before loading so it got a large piece of card board.

That is the same flooring my 34RL Work and Play has. Seems durable, but JC said, tough to clean and can be hard on bare feet. I use my leaf blower to clean out the garage area, after hualing the bikes in it.
036.6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flooring