Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Great frustration and irritation

Ok so we took delivery of our new Work & Play 25ULA on August 19, 2013.
So far we have used it once!! ONLY ONCE!!

Sadly the old gal has spent more time at the dealer having warranty work done than with us. Not that there are many things wrong.. just lots of little stuff needing warranty work and the dealer screwed ups!!

Ok so the first trip we went to take her on... the hitch couple would not couple with the ball. Called the dealer and they were clueless on what to do. Called a large hitch installer and they told us just what to do to fix it. They said it most likely had rust and corrosion and need to be worked with a ball and lots of WD 40. So we did!!

There were some little warranty issues to fix so we took it back to the dealer. Oven would not light, awning was missing color paint from fabirc (from ther day we got it) door had a big bubble in it. outside cargo bin door leaked, bathroom door came open when moving. SO they call us after 3 weeks and tell us "All fix!" (so they said) YAY!!

Took it out Thanksgiving and thats when we found MORE things wrong. Shower drain leaked, not heat from the furnace vents, shower faucet installed upside down, cargo bin door still leaked, and the new door came in so they could replace it.

So now the dealer has had the unit for 5 (FIVE!) weeks to repair. We would call ever 10 days to see how it was coming and they would say "oh lets us call you back"... and of course they never would.

So we called yesterday AGAIN.. and they said they would call us back.. and again.. they never called back. So we called AGAIN this morning and they said yes all ready to go... all good!

Now its an 1 1/2 hour drive through traffic and 60+ miles to get to the dealer. (Closest one!) When we get there the warranty work is not only NOT done it is done very poorly and on top on that while moving our rv they hit the steps and bent them!! BADLY!! So badly they have to be replaced! (what the heck else did they break? :O )

I am so mad right now I could see red!! I was very good at keeping my temper in check but tell them exactly what I thought of there service and dealership!!

I am not so mad at FR as I am with the dealership for dropping the ball.

Many of the items that were wrong should have been found during their PDI and our walk through. (Our walk through was very basic and lame). Hard to really check the heat from the furnace in August in Georgia. It was 90 degress outside.. how did I not know it wasnt hot air from the furnace!

Additionally, FR needs to have people who design and build RV's USE THEM!!

Hopefully we will get to FINIALLY use our camper on 2014!!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Site Team

o my gosh !!! Another fine moment in the RV industry!
I find its best to laugh it off. Its a process that some of us get to go threw and it sucks!
Good luck and heres to the 2014 camping season!
Carl

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #3

Sorry you are having such a tough time

Personally, I would write a letter to Forest river and let them know what a crap dealer you have!

Finally...if you are still in Warranty, I can't say enough good things about Dandy RV in Anniston AL! (just a tip if you are out this way
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
YES I still have warranty... just took delivery August 2013..Its a 2014 WP25ULA... and YES have extened warranty from FR!!

Yes hubby and I are giving great thought to writing a letter.

I am very concerned that if they smashed our steps (and didnt say anything about it)... what else did they #^*@ up? Our holding tanks? Plumbing? Dump valves? Our axels?
Will they be able to fix the new door so there is no water leakage?

Our last RV , a FR Cherokee 19RR we had no problems with and purchsed it from a deal in Middlebury IN. (The Outpost RV) They did a fabulous job on the PDI. & walk through. had us stay there for several days for a shake down and make sure everything worked.

Went to Dandy (which is 2 1/2 hrs away) to look at Rv's not very impressed with them either. We knew more about toy haulers than they did.(Did get to meet FR sales mamagers for WP division)

To order and purchase this RV have been a HUGE pain in the *****!! Dealers Suck for the most part. Many of the ones I contatced NEVER called back, responded to my emails or seem to care about a sale. I could hardly get a quote.

This deal I got everything in ink!! I crossed every T and dotted every I.

Will keep yall posted on her progress and our NEXT trip out.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #5

Sorry for what you're going through campnqueen. IMO the dealerships are the weak link in the RV industry. Hopefully all will work out for you and 2014 will be a great year.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #6

My advise would be if you can fix it yourself forget the warranty or find a independent shop that will do quality work.. I know that is not what you paid for but you can have the satisfaction knowing that it was fixed right. With a little research you can fix most of the small things. Also keep in mind that ovens, water heaters, AC's, Converters etc..... have independent warranty's from their manufactures. Independent RV repair facilities can be a authorized warranty dealer for the affected part. They can fix the warranted item and deal directly with the affected part manufacturer.

I actually had this happen a couple of RV's ago. RV was less than a year old and the circuit board for the overhead system display went out. I went to a local RV Repair shop just to gather information ( I lived 6 hours away from where I bought the unit) they said that they were a authorized warranty repair center for thee affected part and replaced it.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #7

We had a similar experience when we purchased our new 2012 Work and Play WRS30.
The dealer, RV America in Ocala was a two hour drive away, we went back and forth five or six times the first six months. Leaving the trailer there for two to four weeks at a time. One time while they were replacing the rear garage door pull down screen they drilled 4 each too long of screws all the way through the exterior gel coat, that I didn't discovered until after pulling it all back way home. They ended up having it for another 4 weeks while they repaired, repainted, and install new decal on both rear sides. They had also repaired the refrigerator, replaced the stereo, a window, etc.
I also ended up scrapping and repaint the frame underneath because it was already rusting so badly.
To make a long story short finally we got all the bugs worked out of it now we actually have been trouble free for about a year now. This will be our last RV we ever buy new.
Good Luck, wish you the best.
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #8

I feel for you. Here is something you may want to check into. If there is a Camping World close to you then you might want to call and see if they can do the warranty work.
I have one down the road from where I live which use to be Reichart's Camping center, I just found out that they now are authorized to do warranty work on Open Range campers.
I would try it may save some time and if they are not authorized Camping World can call the manufacture of your camper and may get permission....best of luck
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote