Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #21

I believe the thing with no vent in the bathroom, is for one it could get extremely warm in that small of a space and two, with only 3 vents in my 285 ulsbs, and the heater in the front, it hardly warms the other areas of the hauler especially the garage.
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 PM   #22

I have the 2017 30wrs and mine came with the heater vent in the bathroom and the roof holds maybe 1/2 of water when level.
Goats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:30 AM   #23

You concerned with standing water on the roof? its hard to get sealant to stick to aluminum, and the sealant is water based.
Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:21 PM   #24

Recently took my Work and Play 25WAB into Pierce RV in Billings Montana by request of Chaz Hood of W&P over concerns of ponding water on the roof, they had Adam Cates from W&P look at the roof, he said it should not hold water like it does and that he would get with Chaz Hood and get a response, he said it would probably need to go to the factory to get a re roof. so far Chaz has been a no show. These Campers are advertised as a one piece roof, they are not, they have caulking around the perimeter of the roof and there is water standing against most of it. Close to 100 feet of submerged caulking on my 25WAB. You will never convince me the roof should hold water!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1N4A9198.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	132742   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A9204.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	132743   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A9219.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	132744   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A9218.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	132745   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A9266.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	132746  

Old 03-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #25

[SIZE="4"]
Interesting that you have snow on the ground and the water on your roof is not frozen. I think you have been busy with the garden hose. If it is not the front clips it is the water on the roof. Why don't you sell it and stop aggravating yourself.
I have worked with Chaz Hood with several warranty items and found him to be very reasonable and responsive.

Run your front jack up 4-6" and let the water drain off. You seem to have a propensity of creating your own problems and then complaining on here. You didn't mention anything about leaks!

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
[SIZE="4"]
Interesting that you have snow on the ground and the water on your roof is not frozen. I think you have been busy with the garden hose. If it is not the front clips it is the water on the roof. Why don't you sell it and stop aggravating yourself.
I have worked with Chaz Hood with several warranty items and found him to be very reasonable and responsive.

Run your front jack up 4-6" and let the water drain off. You seem to have a propensity of creating your own problems and then complaining on here. You didn't mention anything about leaks!

Jack
this thread has been viewed 100 times since last night, only you and one other die hard are sticking up for W & P, You are recommending I sell it with a known problem, ( used car sales trick) I am trying to stop people from making the same mistake as me! Every time the water freezes the belly will be deeper, it is not leaking yet but it will be, it's only a mater of time! It doesn't matter how the water got there, only matter is that it's there. We use it as a guess room so a cover or re leveling it every weekend is not an option.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
[SIZE="4"]

Jack, Chaz is the top guy for warranty problems at the factory level, why were you dealing with him instead of your local dealer. sounds like you had a problem escalated up also.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
Jack, Chaz is the top guy for warranty problems at the factory level, why were you dealing with him instead of your local dealer. sounds like you had a problem escalated up also.
Jack, here are some pictures of the roof, if it isn't prone to problems why is the seam sealed with 4 - 5" of 3/4" thick sealer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1N4A2216.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	132804   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A2212.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	132805   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A2208.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	132806   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A2206.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	132807   Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4A2203.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	132808  

Old 03-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #29

My WnP will hold water on the roof also. When I have the trailer leveled and we get rain, it will pool up. We did have water leak inside the bedroom once during heavy rain while up in NC. When it's parked at home, I tilt the front up so the water runs off the back. I haven't gone up to see where the low spots are yet.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
No, owner of small dealership lost a child. Just after sale. Lazy Days here in Tucson did the two small warranty items for them as a courtesy.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12 View Post
My WnP will hold water on the roof also. When I have the trailer leveled and we get rain, it will pool up. We did have water leak inside the bedroom once during heavy rain while up in NC. When it's parked at home, I tilt the front up so the water runs off the back. I haven't gone up to see where the low spots are yet.
If you get a chance take a look at yours and let me know if it looks anything close to mine or if I just got the Oddball one, thanks

Tags
camper, work and play