Old 12-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #1

Angry Issues with my 2016 Work and Play camper

When driving on the highway the front cover inverts due to wind, when you slow down it pops back into shape and comes off of the camper. Work and Play doesn't think that this is a problem. The flat roof holds 2" of water, there is no heater vent in the bathroom. This camper is the most disappointing purchase I have ever made in my entire life.
Attached Files

Old 12-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #2

Welcome to the site and welcome to the wonderful world of RV'ing! Unfortunately quality construction does not appear to be a high priority in the industry. Good luck with getting it resolved.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #3

You were told by a rep from Work and Play directly they did not see it as a problem or were you told by a dealers people Work and Play did not see it as a problem?

I'd say those are definitely problems.

Do you have a picture of the roof?
Old 12-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #4

It appears the door flex could be cured with some internal bracing... but... I can't imagine the folks at work and play do not see this as a problem.

Who did you speak with?
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #5

I have a 2017 30WRS with 3 cowling pieces - the one in the middle is for the generator, the other two, cover the propane tanks. They are held in with
Southco 19 Series Swell Latch 2.48 Handle Length, Frame Thickness .05 and Up. When I picked up the TH, the final check must have missed that they were not installed correctly. Lost the center one at highway speed, just below Bonners Ferry, Idaho. Luckily, did not hit anyone or break or get run over, and we put it back on and tightened the others. After getting home I called the dealer, they sent me a full package (I also bought a package at Amazon for extras). Then we figured out someone had not stacked the washers correctly in the latches...fixed that and have been traveling since October 8th with no more problems. It's a good system when it's applied correctly. Think I have some of the extras assembled with the washers - could do a picture if you'd like.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #6

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
You were told by a rep from Work and Play directly they did not see it as a problem or were you told by a dealers people Work and Play did not see it as a problem?

I'd say those are definitely problems.

Do you have a picture of the roof?
I will post a picture of the roof when the weather breaks, we are having a Montana snow storm now.

W&P had a local shop fool with it for 2 months and we got it back with the front cover in worse shape than before, Chaz with W&P said the roof holding water is normal, he said to keep up on the roof seals and there would be no problems.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #7

I have a 25WAB with the same front and had problems with certain parts popping out. These were lost on the road. I pulled the front covers off and discovered what was previously mentioned. The swell latches were differently stacked. The rubber and the washers were in different places. I took the good ones that were holding and compared them to the ones that were not. screwed the bad ones open and re stacked to match those that were holding. Also readjusted the swell latches and tightened them up for a snug fit.

Not had any problems since after 10,000 miles.

Hope this helps.

Jack
Old 12-23-2016, 01:23 AM   #8

Roof holding water on our 25WAB Work and Play Camper

If the corner trim would have been put on 180 degrees from where it is, it would have made a rain deflector instead of a dam on the roof. The roof holds 3/4" of water between the nose cone and the first rafter.
Attached Files
Old 12-23-2016, 04:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
If the corner trim would have been put on 180 degrees from where it is, it would have made a rain deflector instead of a dam on the roof. The roof holds 3/4" of water between the nose cone and the first rafter.

Not trying to make slight of your issues but holding some water on a flat roofed trailer is not uncommon. We had an Aerolite hybrid with a flat roof and it would also hold some water up to 1/2" deep. No way around it really because of the perimeter trim and sealant. It never leaked a drop but always concerned me. When we decided to go larger a radius roof was at the top of my list. Jayco and plenty of other manufacturers used to make lots of models with totally flat roofs. I think some of the early Rockwood Roos also had flat roofs. I suspect the response you'll get from W&P on the roof is it's part of the design.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:22 AM   #10

Others have addressed your other issues but not having a heat vent in the bathroom is common in the TT industry. We have owned several campers over the years and none of them has had a heat vent in the bathroom. Just my opinion a few might but most do not. Our trailer is 36 feet in length and only has 3 heat vents.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, work and play