Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 07:22 AM   #1

LOAD PLACEMENT on 18EC

I haul my Ultra Classic as far forward as possible, about 6 inches from the bench (Murphy Bed) in front. It tows just fine & the only issue is my side door is almost blocked & the bathroom is a tight squeeze to get in but it's doable.
Where do you have your bike when on board?
I am thinking of moving it back to the next set of tie downs just aft of the side door.
KD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #2

We have an 18ec and load our two smaller bikes back over the trailer axles. I'm not sure what the actual weight of our 2 is but i think it would be close to the weight of yours. This allows us access to the fridge, bed And toilet while we are on the road. Refrigerator acces is a bit akward but doeable. We haven't spent money on motels for a long time.
Yellowmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #3

That was another thought, I would be able to use the bed if I needed to.
KD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:00 AM   #4

I haven't hauled my Ultra Limited yet, but have hauled my fire convention cart in my 18EC...I kept it as far rearward over the axles as possible.....the farther forward you have your bike, the more tongue weight you will be applying to your tow vehicle.....let the trailer axles carry the weight.....physics....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0231.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	77870
capt4903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #5

Everyone's load out will be a bit different since there are so many other considerations. I would take it into the scales with your typical load out to get your individual axles and pin weights then shift your load accordingly.

I would be more concerned about how my rig is riding rather than what I can or can't access while traveling.

Just sayin...
rana is offline   Reply With Quote