Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #1

Motorcycle chock system

Been lurking awhile and have just put a deposit on a new 2012 30WRS. Will pick it up next week and have already started looking at add-ons.

Anyone use the chock system by Boltiton.com? I'm wondering if the system will fit using the forward d-rings in the 30WRS? If you use it, what length crossbar do you have?

If nothing else could someone please provide the dimensions between the forward d-rings and the setback distance from the sliding door.

Looking forward to put our bikes in the new TH and heading south for some winter riding and fishing in FL!

Thanks!

Chip
the3gibsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #2

Chris congrats on your new 30WRS. I have a 2011WR. The only thing I can think of with the Boltiton system is, if your running Harley's you may have to stagger them so your not handle bar to handlle bar. It would depend on the models.

My WR did not come with D Rings. I went with ETrack and a Condor Chock. I ran three 8' length of ETrack (up each side and the middle) I staggered the condor chocks by about 6". I think you will like a locking wheel chock like the Condor. Condor makes a free standing with trailer mounting bracket and a trailer only model. I have the free standing with trailer mounting bracket. You can ride the bike into the chock and step off. The bike will stay up while you strap it down.

I usually only haul one HD Ultra but have hauled a freinds Ultra and they would hit if they were not staggerd.

I have done several mods on my WR. Good luck with yours.

I don't know anything about these two vendors I just picked them out so you could see what I was talking about.

etrack
E-Track Motorcycle Trailer Tie-Down

Condor Chock
Condor Wheel Chock
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #3

We use Condor chocks that tie into mounting plates attached to the floor. The advantage is that when the chocks are removed, we just place a rug over the mounting plates. The chocks work great, even with my 760 lb. Honda bike. We paid an independent RV shop to install the.mounting plates since the 100 gallon water tank had to be dropped.

I looked at the system you're thinking about but the spacing didn't work.

Best of luck!
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #4

I purchased a chock from Harbor Freight and used a ratchet strap to hold it into the D rings. Thought about using turnbuckles but never saw the need yet. Works great! Condors are nice but you get the same chock for a lot, ALOT, less at HF. Its strong and great quality. When I get to rallies I just unstrap and slide it out of the way. It's easy enough to swap from the hauler to a small trailer. It holds my Ultra Classic with no problems.

Steve
ford-hd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30wrs, chocks, harley, motorcycle