Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #1

Question NEED SOME TIPS on 2007 WPT28BR

Few weeks ago got used 2007 WPT28BR. Overall good condition, but I'm currently learning and fixing minor issues with TT.
Started with main problems - like replacing bad trailer cable, since the brakes wasn't working when towing TT home.
AC looks like working, black tank shows full - need to flash it, could be problem with a sensor.
Cut spare tire bracket and putting 40"L x 24"W 80-Gallon Resin Deck Box Shop LIFETIME PRODUCTS 40"L x 24"W 80-Gallon Resin Deck Box at Lowes.com.
Will put pics when finish. Box is $109. Going to install batteries, make shelf for power & water connections and other stuff, since there not much storage in/under TT.
Got few ideas on forum. So much to do, so little time!
Spare tire going to the ramp door.
Still need to troubleshoot why water heater not working. Had switch "on" for 10-20 min but water still coming out cold. Light on the switch comes on without result.
I need some tips from owners of 2007 WPT28BR. My quick check shows that looks like TT has only electrical water heater, but not sure for 100%.
Other thing - didn't find any 110V outlet having power when main power not connected to 30/50 amp AC service. Looks like there no inverter on TT? Does it make sense to install one? or just run my Honda 2000 I got for TT?
Planning to flip axel on TT as well.
lonestar007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #2

Hi,
I have a 2011 WPT30WR which is very close to the WPT28BR.
I had looked at numerous Work and Plays before buying the one I have. We looked a 28 and it was almost the same except the bed was side to side and the 30 was front to back and the 28 had a 12 foot garage.
For the converter look under the refrigerator. There should be one there. It maybe brown in color. If you find one there, check the breakers and the GFI's.
As for the water heater, are you sure it is only electric? Turn on the propane and follow the instructions for the water heater and see if it works.
As for the black and gray tanks they may need to be cleaned. I am installing the tank rinsers both tanks.
As for your generator, not sure a EU2000i will run your AC. I have two EU2000i, one is regular and the other in the EU2000i companion.
Good luck.
Post pics when you get them. I'll like to see how the deck box worked out.
Tom
Tom Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ten minutes isn't near long enough to get luke warm water let alone hot water.
Also it should have a gas option.
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #4

Wpt28br

Thanks Tom & Turbs,
My guess that your 2011 WPT30WR and what I got could be "little" different.
Since I wasn't going to get new - that one was only option out all toy haulers I had available at the moment. I think it was a good choice anyway. TT much stronger than those flimsy TT, and the price they were asking for them
I still have to do a lot of work learning about my WPT30WR. My electrical panel is under forward seat of dinette and I guess if I have an DC/AC inverter - it should be there too. I will run water heater for little longer(what would be a good period of time to run it?), since I wasn't sure I can run it and water pump for long time. Anyway TT looks like it wasn't used much for a long period of time. Previous owner use it to go dunes and dirt bikes with kids and it was used most time just to sleep in it. And they didn't do much of customization to make it more livable like I found here good ideas on forum, about organizing space. Honda 2000 my guess should be able to handle one AC, that I will know later this summer right on my parking, when the temp goes to 85-90. If not I'll just get another Honda 2000 to work in pair. I don't worry much about winter here in TX.
I will post pic of finisher "patio box" when its done. I'm planning to install 50AMP breaker, kill switch and 12V outlet - I can use to run 12v pump, plug in solar panel to the plug as well. Than I will move my LP buttles little back. They way to close to front jack - so I couldn't put on LP cover.
Oo! managed to fix that jack! he said it tripping fuses, but it was just bad end connector and when turning it on wasn't getting the juice!
Anyone of you made outside LP hookup and kitchen table? and if you did what kind of stove top, kitchen table bracket you would recommend?
Thanks again & sure thing i would have more Q to ask later!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #5

Question 2007 wpt28br

OK! Now I know my water heater is gas!
It works and even heat the water!
Now I have to figure out if it runs on electrical power...
How I would do that?
I don't see any switch like on the fridge to alternate gas to electrical?

Oven knob has a position "ignate" but it doesn't... sure thing if I use lighter the pilot come on and that the oven will fire.
My question - is this is the way to turn on oven with lighter or it should start pilot with oven knob?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #6

Question 2007 wpt28br

Anyone who ownes 2007 WPT28BR can tell me if there an DC-to-AC inverter in this TT? Unplug main cable and didn't find any 110 v outlet with a power.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar007 View Post
Anyone who ownes 2007 WPT28BR can tell me if there an DC-to-AC inverter in this TT? Unplug main cable and didn't find any 110 v outlet with a power.
There most likely isn't an inverter just a converter. "110 to 12"
You would need a pretty big battery bank to run an inverter and most if not all pull behinds do not have one.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #8

Smile 2007 wpt28br

Thanks Turbs,
I've suspected this, I'll get portable one - just in case I need to charge power tools of walky-talky or else or just run generator.
Got two deep cycle bat's today at SAM's for $79 but they charge $15 extra (core charge) which is still not bad. AutoZone or SEARS $139.