Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #1

New 275ULSBS

New to this forum.
Thinking about ordering a 275ULSBS with the following;
Value package.
Queen size bed & overhead cabinets in garage.
Onboard Generator.
Fuel Station.
Spare Tire.
Power awning.
Electric Tongue jack.
Fantastic fan in bath.
Arctic Insulation package

Anybody out there who has one with any of these options?
Please give me any feedback you can about Work & Plays, this model or the options.
Geofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #2

We have a 2013 275ulsbs. Of your list, we have the value package, an overhead cabinet, and power awning. Overall we like it. There are some issues, which we haven't had fixed yet as there are no Work and Play dealers near us. This is our first trailer, so we are learning as we go along. We have towed from Michigan to St. Louis to bring it home, then a few trips around Missouri. This particular one caught my eye as the weight was low apparently due to few options. Any particular questions?
marquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #3

I am just going to throw my 2cents out there. I am not a big fan of the slide models. On the 30WRS they take out the dinette and replace it with a slide with a sofa. You have to use a portable table that has to be taken down and put away when the slide is in. Plus with the slide you loose the large pantry and TV stand. I put a ton of stuff in that pantry and would not want to be without it.

I would look at the 30WR. It's only 3 feet longer but bathroom sink will be in the bathroom instead of in the entry way, plus you will get a walk around bed (your wife will like that).

I would get the options you listed but I would upgrade to a 50 amp service and either add a second AC for the garage or have it prewired for AC.. Maybe a smaller unit than the main 15k AC. A 13.5 would work fine in the Garage...

I did see a W&P with a booth in the slide which I really liked but have not been able to find what model it was in...
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #4

Marquis

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you know what model refrigerator is in your 275ULSBS?
Some Dometic models are not approved for use with two side vents.
I had a problem with a Hi-Low I previously owned.
The refrigerator had two side vents and did not work well when it was 90+ outside.

GeoFish
Old 09-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #5

1I243

Thanks for the feedback.

Everyone has different needs.
This will be my 6th camper so I have had different setups.
My wife loves slide outs and since she is the boss, well you know the rest.
I do like the way slide outs increase the size of the camper, but when camping during cold weather, they do let the heat out a little.

Don’t want a dinette, I have one in my current camper, I have had them in previous campers and we don’t use them.
I have to have a comfortable couch, located in the slide with a view of the TV and a cold beer works good for us after a long day of fishing.

I looked at the 30WRS, but I need a lighter camper and I am not sold on the FRP walls.
I know the FRP walls are strong, but not much of a R value in a 1” plywood wall, about R-1.26.
A 2” foamed wall, which the 275ULSBS has, is about R-13.
This will more than make up for the little bit of heat lost with the slide out.
We do most of our camping off the grid.
This past August we were in Ontario, camped for 10 days, one morning the temperature was 43 F degrees.
I also go hunting in November, so this is why I need the All Seasons insulation package and the generator.

Also, not sure if the 30WRS has a real queen bed or an RV queen.
A lot of manufactures say a queen bed, but give you a RV queen which is about 75” X 60”.
The 275ULSBS has a real queen bed 80” X 60”.
Since I am 6’ 3”, this is important to me.

GeoFish
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #6

I'll have to check on the refrigerator...

Ours has the dinette/booth...

I liked the layout of the 30wrs, but the weight difference was significant. One thing with ours is with the slide in, you have to climb over the dinette to get to the galley. Later trailers angle the bathroom wall, but then it looks like they have less bathroom and counter space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette1.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	39833  
Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #7

You know what best and what works for you. My wife just hated the bed against the wall for making and having to climb over to get out. The shower and Vanity in the bedroom also would not have worked for us.

I did not know the UL's had foam siding.. I guess that would offer better insulation. Dual pane windows would be nice.

Do you think the TV placement will work when someone is standing or cooking at the counter?

In the 30WR I did not think the 18" slide offered was worth the loss of the tv cabinet and the pantry . Really would not want to deal with the portable table all the time.

I would not like just a dinette either. The 30WR model I got had to couches in the garage (no power bed in garage) I also put a TV back there and it becomes a extended livingroom or dining room if we have people over.

The 30WR is heavy and not half ton towable in my opinion. I only tow with one bike and trailers weighs in at 12k....

Marquis I do like that boot in the slide better than the dinette but would not like to have to climb over it.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #8

New 275ULSBS

1I243

The 275ULSBS is a new model.
The shower is not in the bedroom, see attachment.
The standard is the couch in the slide out. The U shaped dinette is an option.
FYI: I am not watching TV when my wife is cooking, she has me outside on the BBQ grill.
You know the BBQ grill is a conspiracy.
It was invented by a women to con the man into doing the cooking!

GeoFish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	275ULSBS.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	39834  
Old 09-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #9

I like that better. I think I was looking at the ULPS.. Two couches and a TV in the Man Cave I aint BBQing...

Enjoy your new rig I am sure you will have lots of good times in it..