Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblack22 View Post
My apologies, I did not mean to come across as a know it all. It appears in a couple of your pics that the rear of your truck is sagging and the front of your truck is nose up a tad. The pic in the paved parking lot makes it look like your hauler is a little nose down below level. If not its my old eyes, if it is you would notice with the sway in steering.
Long story short the dealer didn't set my hitch up right. I don't have another picture bit the trailer is pretty well level now.
powerstroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #22

Finally got the jeep put back together.

Loaded it in the trailer to figure out right where I wanted my tie downs.
It's a tight fit in there but I knew it was going to be.
This is a pic of the back bumper to door. I am going to remove the d-ring mounts to gain a few more inches

I made backing plates for the tie downs. They will help spread the load and block off the hole. Had to go clear threw the floor for the tie downs to fit. I put plenty of sealer on the back side of the plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bajeep93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #23

New 28ucr. Ready for mods

Oops! Double post!
Old 07-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #24

I live full time in my 34 FK and did the opposite for the heating system. I am hooked up all the time, and use 120v heater in the garage area when I am back there, which isn't much, and diverted both outputs to the kitchen.
Before I did so, the garage area was almost unheated, the routing of the flex hoses and distance made the furnace outputs almost useless.
My unit is good down to about 32 degs. You have to remember that the walls are solid plywood with an R-1 (yes R-1) rating. The ceiling is only R-6, so keeping warm is a dogfight for the furnace the colder it gets.
You improved the situation, it should work well.
beyerjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #25

What are your plans for the tie downs in the middle? Are you going to go around the axles with them or on the frame?
powerstroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #26

From the front axle back and from the back axle forward. I have been hauling it like that for years. It does not move at all like that.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:08 PM   #27

Tried the get some pics of the tie down. Not real great pics but you get the idea. Trailer towed great. I was a little worried about it being the first time with that much of a load. I could definitely tell it was there going up the mountain pass.

Tags
modifications